Ironwood Bangle

davidgiul

Reaction score
First name
David
BangleGuy said:
davidgiul said:
BangleGuy said:
Here is the bangle after boring the ID, sizing to length and gluing to the stainless core. It will be done tomorrow night!

If you don't mind me asking, where did you get the core drills? I noticed that they are Lennox brand.
Dave

David, No problem. We have a Lowes Home Improvement store nearby so that is where I get the lennox brand holes saw. You can also order them on Amazon.com. I bought my Bosch carbide hole saws online at Lowes and had them delivered to the store for pick up. The carbide hole saws are awesome (but expensive)!
Thanks BG. I think I will go with the carbide. Some of the woods that I have are pretty hard. How did the blanks that I sent work out?
Dave

BangleGuy

Reaction score
First name
Eric
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
davidgiul said:
BangleGuy said:
davidgiul said:
BangleGuy said:
Here is the bangle after boring the ID, sizing to length and gluing to the stainless core. It will be done tomorrow night!

If you don't mind me asking, where did you get the core drills? I noticed that they are Lennox brand.
Dave

David, No problem. We have a Lowes Home Improvement store nearby so that is where I get the lennox brand holes saw. You can also order them on Amazon.com. I bought my Bosch carbide hole saws online at Lowes and had them delivered to the store for pick up. The carbide hole saws are awesome (but expensive)!
Thanks BG. I think I will go with the carbide. Some of the woods that I have are pretty hard. How did the blanks that I sent work out?
Dave

I am in the process of stabilizing... The Mahoe is interesting, maybe a little oily? I am just about out of my SS cores, so I spent time doing yardwork tonight! :hang1:

davidgiul

Reaction score
First name
David
BangleGuy said:
davidgiul said:
BangleGuy said:
davidgiul said:
BangleGuy said:

Dave

Dave

I am in the process of stabilizing... The Mahoe is interesting, maybe a little oily? I am just about out of my SS cores, so I spent time doing yardwork tonight! :hang1:
I am curious as to how well it takes the juice. I have turned about 20 Blues and not had any trouble with movement. The wood has an interesting peppery smell to it.

NeilYeag

Reaction score
First name
Neil
BangleGuy said:
Thanks for following along! I think it turned out well and I'm excited to have a new wood for bangles - GO Ironwood! :yipee:

Just FYI, I have a 14 page tutorial that I will be posting on a thread sometime soon. I haven't quite decided how I want to make it available, but most likely it will be through my website as a download. Also, I should have more stainless steel and copper bangle cores by the end of this week. Let me know if you have any questions or want to give it try.

PS, Women love these wood/metal bangles, and jewelry is probably THE top seller at any art and craft show. Take your turning skills and make some money at the local festivals this summer! It's great fun.

Happy Turning!:drinks:

BG

BG, very very nice. I really love the stainless steel core the wood and the contrast are great. I am also in the jewelry manufacturing business, but not like yours. Keep up the beautiful work.

Neil

Kevin

Wood is good.
Reaction score
First name
Kevin
NeilYeag said:
BangleGuy said:
Thanks for following along! I think it turned out well and I'm excited to have a new wood for bangles - GO Ironwood! :yipee:

Just FYI, I have a 14 page tutorial that I will be posting on a thread sometime soon. I haven't quite decided how I want to make it available, but most likely it will be through my website as a download. Also, I should have more stainless steel and copper bangle cores by the end of this week. Let me know if you have any questions or want to give it try.

PS, Women love these wood/metal bangles, and jewelry is probably THE top seller at any art and craft show. Take your turning skills and make some money at the local festivals this summer! It's great fun.

Happy Turning!:drinks:

BG

BG, very very nice. I really love the stainless steel core the wood and the contrast are great. I am also in the jewelry manufacturing business, but not like yours. Keep up the beautiful work.

Neil

Neil,

Feel free to put your website if you have one in your signature. I encourage everyone to promote their businesses here that way. Even if it is not wood-related feel free to also start a thread in the classifieds section to promote your wares.