Ironwood fence post wanted

Spinartist

Reaction score
First name
Lee
A friend of mine is looking for a piece of old Ironwood fence post the more rustic the better. Who has Some?
About 12" long. Square, handhewn or whatever

Last edited:

Spinartist

Reaction score
First name
Lee
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I still have a locust fence post..it's rustic but it ain't iron wood. By iron wood, which tree are you referencing?
Probly will work. Photos please.

She showed me a photo of an old fence post turning on lathe into a weed pot. Looked like Iron wood from out west.
Sides were worn & grey. Wood was orangie color

2feathers Creative Making

Reaction score
First name
Frank
That should be Osage orange.
Let me try to excavate George later this week. Don't hesitate to remind me, I should be in and out of that storage all weekend working on putting a tile shower in the main bathroom

Mr. Peet

Reaction score
First name
Mark
About 3 / 4 weeks ago I cut down an Ironwood (Eastern Hop Hornbeam) fence post. It had a tree top attached. The base had rotted off and was leaning toward a driveway. So before it became an issue, I addressed it. When cleaning the stove, found clear evidence of such.

DSCN8577.JPG

Reaction score
First name
Frank
17007811356168706924651651857499.jpg this is a short stack of chestnut rail. But swmbo claimed it already...
I did find another locust in another shed but all you can see is a few inches sticking up over some salvaged oak doors. So it doesn't exist ( no pictures)

Reaction score
First name
Frank
Probly will work. Photos please.

She showed me a photo of an old fence post turning on lathe into a weed pot. Looked like Iron wood from out west.
Sides were worn & grey. Wood was orangie color
The price would be 5 plus shipping. I would recommend cutting to fit the lfrb for USPS. I have a 30 minute ride to the nearest ups hub that will do flat rate shipping. I ship with a cash pay not a digital shipping account so I am more limited on shipping options.

Spinartist

Reaction score
First name
Lee
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
The price would be 5 plus shipping. I would recommend cutting to fit the lfrb for USPS. I have a 30 minute ride to the nearest ups hub that will do flat rate shipping. I ship with a cash pay not a digital shipping account so I am more limited on shipping options.
Thank you for replying. She wants some more like this...
3" to 4"ish by 10"to 12" tall

a ironwood.jpg

a ironwood1.jpg