Jamaica stone house construction

Byron Barker

Reaction score
First name
Byron
Love it! Way better than the one I'm building in Taiwan! The stones don't cleave into angles here, so you're not able to get clean shapes. Use what you got I guess!

1_DSC_0195.jpg

1_DSC_0194.jpg

1_DSC_0655.jpg

Ralph Muhs

Reaction score
First name
Ralph
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
For 3 years we had 4 guys preparing stones with 4 more actually shaping and placing stones. Others mixing mortar and concrete and others carrying and delivering materials. Labor intensive but labor in Jamaica is not expensive my job was framing and finishing still not done. Going there tomorrow for another month

Nature Man

Reaction score
First name
Chuck
For 3 years we had 4 guys preparing stones with 4 more actually shaping and placing stones. Others mixing mortar and concrete and others carrying and delivering materials. Labor intensive but labor in Jamaica is not expensive my job was framing and finishing still not done. Going there tomorrow for another month
Any problems traveling under COVID rules? Chuck

Ralph Muhs

Reaction score
First name
Ralph
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Any problems traveling under COVID rules? Chuck
Last time there was July. Quarantined but loosely enforced. Was planning to go down Feb 15 because I have had both covid shots. But I broke a bone in my foot and just had it screwed into place today. Oops! Hope to go back soon. They require a negative test and an extensive form for entry. All easily done prior to flight.

Nature Man

Reaction score
First name
Chuck
Last time there was July. Quarantined but loosely enforced. Was planning to go down Feb 15 because I have had both covid shots. But I broke a bone in my foot and just had it screwed into place today. Oops! Hope to go back soon. They require a negative test and an extensive form for entry. All easily done prior to flight.
Sorry to hear of your foot breakage! Hope you heal soon and you can be on your way back to Jamaica! Chuck