Jewelry Box

Billnewbie

Reaction score
First name
Bill
What took you so long darn, worried about the Moose? Those are a work of art. I don't know how you do it. Cute young girl is she in commercials yet? I'm taking to my 3 year old nephew but he has got to listen! But shopping for Mom's gift was enough kid time for me!

Billnewbie

Reaction score
First name
Bill
Did ya'll old farts ever think maybe you have a stigmatize. I wore glasses though school (age 14 to 20) then driving started wearing me out so I have 20/25 vision but a stigmatize. FYI don't think that is the right word.
So anyway I could see in the dark of night now nope I need more light. I'm having to change all the bulbs in the house to 60 watt 40 don't cut it with glasses that correct my stigmatize.

Mike, Been there done that did you ever think about having the doctor dig out all those years of ear wax? Worked for the father in-law.

Kevin

Wood is good.
Reaction score
First name
Kevin
Billnewbie said:
Did ya'll old farts ever think maybe you have a stigmatize. I wore glasses though school (age 14 to 20) then driving started wearing me out so I have 20/25 vision but a stigmatize. FYI don't think that is the right word.
So anyway I could see in the dark of night now nope I need more light. I'm having to change all the bulbs in the house to 60 watt 40 don't cut it with glasses that correct my stigmatize.

Mike, Been there done that did you ever think about having the doctor dig out all those years of ear wax? Worked for the father in-law.

Bill I don't know how old you are but you're our kind of guy. A crusty old fart who says what he thinks without being a jerk. We like that. NO I never got checked for a stigmatism that I know of but since I'm a disabled vet and under the care of the almighty VA system I probably did . . . . . . . not either.

woodtickgreg

scroll, flat, spin
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
Founding Member
Forum Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Greg
Kevin said:
Billnewbie said:

Bill I don't know how old you are but you're our kind of guy. A crusty old fart who says what he thinks without being a jerk. We like that. NO I never got checked for a stigmatism that I know of but since I'm a disabled vet and under the care of the almighty VA system I probably did . . . . . . . not either.
At least we aint got a stigmata! LOL

DKMD

Sawbones
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
Forum Moderator
Reaction score
First name
David
Nicely done, Mike. I love your box build threads and the finished products.

Mike1950

Founding Member
Founding Member
Reaction score
First name
Mike
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Damn smart @$$ kids- Yes I have my ears checked- I have had the router rooter treatment. I have had the same doc since 1977- he asked me last year how my ears were doin- I said not worth a bat guana- he quoted me on chart. I think I have a hearing aid in my future- At least that is what I think Kathie told me. :rotflmao3::rotflmao3::rotflmao3::rotflmao3:

PS I think it is stigmatism.........................

Mike1950

Founding Member
Founding Member
Reaction score
First name
Mike
DKMD said:
Nicely done, Mike. I love your box build threads and the finished products.

Thanks David, These were just a little more difficult but fun. I love using those special little pieces of wood and trying to get the most out of them. Kinda like you and that little piece of buckeye burl........... Merry Christmas my friend...........

woodtickgreg

scroll, flat, spin
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
Founding Member
Forum Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Greg
I've already accepted the glasses, next up is false teeth, full plate on the top and a partial on the bottom. I have tunitis, ringing in the ears and a hearing loss, kinda only got one somewhat working ear, yup it's hearing aids for me too. Golden years my butt, getting old sucks!

Mike1950

Founding Member
Founding Member
Reaction score
First name
Mike
woodtickgreg said:
I've already accepted the glasses, next up is false teeth, full plate on the top and a partial on the bottom. I have tunitis, ringing in the ears and a hearing loss, kinda only got one somewhat working ear, yup it's hearing aids for me too. Golden years my butt, getting old sucks!

The alternative is worse though Greg. That will come soon enough also.
Me- I know a lot that did not make it this far in life's voyage, I feel very lucky to have what I got. Hell if I didn't feel lucky it would not change one thing to complain about it
PS. do not tell the mod I stole my own thread- he can be kinda testy ya know.
Greg you have a great Christmas. :yipee::drinks::good2::yipee:

NYWoodturner

Wood Spinner
Reaction score
First name
Scott
Mike - Just wanted to let you know the jewelry box was a huge hit. :yipee::yipee::yipee:
It is beautiful. It looks 10 times better in person than the pictures. You do some excellent work. :good2:
Scott

Mike1950

Founding Member
Founding Member
Reaction score
First name
Mike
NYWoodturner said:
Mike - Just wanted to let you know the jewelry box was a huge hit. :yipee::yipee::yipee:
It is beautiful. It looks 10 times better in person than the pictures. You do some excellent work. :good2:
Scott

Thanks Scott- I am very happy it got there in time and that Gail is happy with it. They were a hit with daughters and granddaughters. My 3 year old granddaughter sat down and played with hers for a hour. gramps had to sit down and play with her. Makes all the work worthwhile --an ear to ear grin on a 3 yr old.

Wildthings

ASTROS '23 ALCS CHAMPIONS runnerup
Reaction score
First name
Barry
Man oh Man I keep coming back and looking at these jewelry boxes. They are absolutely stunning. I'm gonna have to figure out how to copy your build to make some for my granddaughters.

Beautiful work Mike

Barry

Mike1950

Founding Member
Founding Member
Reaction score
First name
Mike
Thanks Barry, They were a fun build. If I can be of help just ask away. M

Patrude

Reaction score
First name
Rich
Mike1950 said:
I got tired of my standard box and everyone I know has at least one so I came up with a new 2112 Christmas design for a stand up small necklace and jewelry box. I am in the final stages of the 2 prototypes and am going to begin 6 more. 2 walnut- 2 more maple and 2 Flame box elder. Slides are persimmon and I will say they slide unwaxed smooth as can be. Waiting on small hinges and knobs. I will start build this week- I have 3 days in a row this weekend to get plenty done. I will be also testing my new photoscape so pictures may or may not be forthcoming.
Box is maple with walnut insets in doors. Frame work is all mortise and tennon. Doors and lid bridal joint. The doors will be a little different on build. When I got pieces made I found them too small for my courage level with spinning router bits. Thus made a lot of hand work that will be eliminated with build.
Little red pulls are Dyed BAB from Cory- he sent me a free pen blank and it became little tiny pulls. Thanks Cory - they look great.

:good2::pleasantry: Awsome craftsmanship, what a beautiful bookmatch on the doors. Very very well done!:good2:

Hot Diggety dog- I think I got it.........................:yipee::yipee::yipee::yipee: