Kevin's magic forest

I would like to have the piece standing up showing the end grain if available. I really miss Kevin and wish he was here. If the piece showing the end is spoken for. I would like the fourth p9iece on the right.
Robert, if you're out of luck on this, send me a pm - I have a few blanks from Kevin that I had stabilized to retain color. More than I'll likely use and likely perfect for a couple knife blanks if that is your plan.
 
That alright. What I do is dye it green and the red turns brown like camoflage and I wouldn't be able to dye it if it is stabilize it. It also looks good if you dye it blue or purple.
 
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
  • #49
Robert passed these are all up for grabs if anybody wants a piece of Kevin's magic forest!
 
Robert passed these are all up for grabs if anybody wants a piece of Kevin's magic forest!
Posting this for visual reference- I will take this down Joe if this makes things confusing, but these are the 5 that are left in sequential number order from the top down. I mirrored these 4 ways if you were to do a sequential cut. Obviously the result will vary dependent of how the backside looks like and how thick you re-saw these for. But, you would probably get great results at 1/16” or .100” for veneering:

Image.jpeg
 
Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
  • #51
Posting this for visual reference- I will take this down Joe if this makes things confusing, but these are the 5 that are left is sequential number order from the top down.
I mirrored these 4 ways if you were to do a sequential cut. Obviously the result will vary dependent of how the backside looks like and how thick you re-saw these for. But, you would probably get great results at 1/16” or .100” for veneering:

View attachment 269947
 
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
  • #52
I'm going to take these out to the shop and do little sanding for better pictures boss so they will look a lot different in just a bit.
 
Back
Top