Large Lychee block

Byron Barker

Member
Full Member
Messages
1,228
Reaction score
1,779
Location
Hualien Taiwan
First name
Byron
Not a beach find this time, but here is a beautiful lychee block up for your consideration. Lovely grain patterns and coloration. Been drying about 5 years. Has some shallow checking on two sides towards the bottom as pictured below. I cleaned up two sides to give a good view of the grain and color and then sealed it with polyurethane. The color changed from a meaty red/pink to a deeper auburn once sprayed. This wood is DENSE and difficult to work. It tends to burn like Purple Heart and it is quite difficult to polish. Would be great for any project needing to be durable or just really solid. I’d imagine it would work great for handles or even a mallet head. You could make a whole tableware set out of the wood here as well. Loads of beautiful usable wood. Asking 50$ plus shipping. It is HEAVY though so expect shipping to be more than the cost of the wood. The wood is more than worth the cost of the price plus shipping from what I can gather online. 25cmx24x23

IMG_7188.webp IMG_7185.webp IMG_7182.webp IMG_7183.webp IMG_7184.webp IMG_7180.webp IMG_7181.webp IMG_7179.webp

IMG_7191.webp
 
Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
  • #3
@turff49 I would have to weigh it at the post office, but I shipped a similar size snd weight package today (9.4kg) and it was 60$. This would be around that price, but I’m guessing more in the 70$ range. It’s just so heavy. I was letting it sit for years and years to reduce the weight, but it still feels like a stone to pick up. I was trying to price the wood lower than the actual value in order to accommodate the shipping cost.
 
Back
Top