Lidded container

Barb

Reaction score
First name
Barbara
This is made out of manzanita that I got from @rockb. It's 5" x 6.5"(not including the finial). Epoxy isn't my favorite thing to turn, especially after it's cured for a few weeks, but I do like the results.

20210823_101901.jpg 20210823_101919.jpg 20210823_101843.jpg 20210823_102000.jpg 20210823_102027.jpg

jasonb

Sawdust = man glitter
Reaction score
First name
Jason
Beautiful, the epoxy color and wood compliment one another. The profile is elegant, a favorite!

Last edited:

trc65

Reaction score
First name
Tim
Spectacular piece! The resin work is fantastic with color and swirls that pair great with the wood. Love the live edge finial!

Tony

Hardwood Enthusiast
Staff member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Tony
Beautiful piece Barb, one of the best ones I've seen in a while!

TimR

Sawdust Engineer
Reaction score
First name
Tim
Dang Miss Barb....that's smokin! Great job with the revealed piece on the lid, looks great. Did you use Clear Cast or?? and what dye?

Barb

Reaction score
First name
Barbara
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Dang Miss Barb....that's smokin! Great job with the revealed piece on the lid, looks great. Did you use Clear Cast or?? and what dye?
Thank you! I used Pourable Plastic for this and 3 different cheapo pearlescent powders I got from Amazon. Gold, orange and red. The mold was a 1 gallon bucket. :)

DKMD

Sawbones
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
Forum Moderator
Reaction score
First name
David
That looks great, Barb!

rockb

rockbswesternwoods.com
Reaction score
First name
Rocky
Really nice Barb, ya got all the good out of that burl. Thanks for sharing pics.

2feathers Creative Making

Reaction score
First name
Frank
Thank you! I used Pourable Plastic for this and 3 different cheapo pearlescent powders I got from Amazon. Gold, orange and red. The mold was a 1 gallon bucket. :)
The manzanita I am remembering was a solid chunk. Does this mean you have only a pile of shavings or did you reconfigure it to get more uses out of this beauty?

Barb

Reaction score
First name
Barbara
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
The manzanita I am remembering was a solid chunk. Does this mean you have only a pile of shavings or did you reconfigure it to get more uses out of this beauty?
This was a very holy piece of manzanita with rocks inside so unfortunately the rest of it got turned into shavings.