Looking for high figure and or burl pen blanks

NCWoodArt

I always get told I have nice wood.
Reaction score
First name
Bill
I primarily make pens and always looking for woods I don't already have. I literally have thousands of pen blanks mostly domestic and exotic woods not a bunch of burls. I would like to be able to add some high figured burl wood pens to my offerings. I am open to pretty much anything that has burly, curly figure. Willing to buy or trade I am pretty easy to deal with. Can even do a trade with a finished pen if you like. Image below is an example of some of the burls I use.

Bill

IMG_0907.JPG

NCWoodArt

Reaction score
First name
Bill
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

NCWoodArt

Reaction score
First name
Bill
Probably have curly koa and amboyna cut right now.

I am good on curly Koa but always willing to add some Amboyna burl, especially if it is dragon blood red with no sapwood.

Friedrich9

Reaction score
First name
Frederick
Have any interest in some high figure Red River Gum Eucalyptus pen blanks. Or a small block of it for resaw?

NCWoodArt

Reaction score
First name
Bill
Have any interest in some high figure Red River Gum Eucalyptus pen blanks. Or a small block of it for resaw?
Send me picture with dimensions and what you want for it. If it's got some figure to it I will probably be able to use it.

JonLanier

Reaction score
First name
Jon
"Looking for high figure and or burl pen blanks."

My comment.... who's not looking for those? :ponder:

SleepLessThan3

Reaction score
First name
Alvin
I've got a big hunk of what I've been told is coolibah burl that I could cut a piece off of for you.
planed a little bit off + mineral spirits applied
1707556765854.png

before mineral spirits, but showing the full piece 1707556828548.png
I'm thinking cut a strip following the ruler

NCWoodArt

Reaction score
First name
Bill

Friedrich9

Reaction score
First name
Frederick
Red River Gum Eucalyptus. (Eucalyptus camaldulensis). Has a gum vein or two in it, made me nervous to try and turn a bowl. After cutting into it, the gum vein is a lot more sturdy than I expected. I started cutting it up for pen blanks, I commissioned a pen from this piece. Anyway it’s 4”wide, 2”thick and about 5.5” long. Hoping to get $30 plus shipping. Let me know if you have any question

IMG_3010.jpeg

IMG_3011.jpeg

IMG_3014.jpeg

IMG_3016.jpeg

IMG_3017.jpeg

IMG_3018.jpeg

IMG_3019.jpeg

IMG_3015.jpeg

NCWoodArt

Reaction score
First name
Bill
Red River Gum Eucalyptus. (Eucalyptus camaldulensis). Has a gum vein or two in it, made me nervous to try and turn a bowl. After cutting into it, the gum vein is a lot more sturdy than I expected. I started cutting it up for pen blanks, I commissioned a pen from this piece. Anyway it’s 4”wide, 2”thick and about 5.5” long. Hoping to get $30 plus shipping. Let me know if you have any question

View attachment 253209

View attachment 253210

View attachment 253211

View attachment 253212

View attachment 253213

View attachment 253214

View attachment 253215

View attachment 253216
I have some red gum burl but have not ever used it yet to know what it looks like. I will take this off your hands. Message me with payment type you prefer

SleepLessThan3

Reaction score
First name
Alvin
$30 and shipping for a piece 20ish x 1.5 x 1.5? Its 21" long end to end on the straight part, but would end up being an inch shorter on the freshly cut side with the little sloping bit on the end, and the thickness goes from 1 13/16" to 1.5". Also do you care about any checks?
1707644764970.png 1707644779690.png

GraciePuppie

Reaction score
First name
Jen
Hi NCWoodArt!
I love your pens! Would you like me to post some Manzanita Burls for you to look at? I have burls that are fresh and burls that were pulled fresh and have been dried for 3-5 years. If you would let me know which you prefer and the "size-ish" I'll post some pics. Also, I have both burls and large Mananita "logs". Thanks in advance and have a great day!
Jen

NCWoodArt

Reaction score
First name
Bill
Hi NCWoodArt!
I love your pens! Would you like me to post some Manzanita Burls for you to look at? I have burls that are fresh and burls that were pulled fresh and have been dried for 3-5 years. If you would let me know which you prefer and the "size-ish" I'll post some pics. Also, I have both burls and large Mananita "logs". Thanks in advance and have a great day!
Jen
I am good on Manzanita burl for now, I will keep you in mind when I get low though.

Nature Man

Reaction score
First name
Chuck
Hi NCWoodArt!
Jen
You might want to start a new thread with a few things for sale. There seems to be a demand for burl. Chuck