Maybe more syrup for sale

Bigdrowdy1

Reaction score
First name
Rodney
I got my gallon today and I must admit I opened it and stuck my finger in it !!!! Yep that there is some lairupim syrup. Its aint gonna matter whats I puts it on its gonna be good. I grew up in northern Ohio and this stuff is the bomb!!! A little old a little new I grew up calling um piccaans!!soft on the aa's
Just sayin!!

Great stuff Dave no matter how you talk!!

SENC

Reaction score
First name
Henry
Got mine today... can't wait for breakfast!!! :yipee:Thanks!!

sprucegum

Reaction score
First name
Dave
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I will be mailing all that I have received payment for later this morning. I think I have invoiced everyone who has asked for syrup. If I have not let me know as I have been known to make errors. I have at least 2 gallons left if anyone else wants some. Not a problem if it does not all go as I am past the break even point and I am sure it will sell locally.:thanx2:

SENC

Reaction score
First name
Henry
Well, I just cooked pancakes for the family for dinner and we had Dave's maple syrup for the 2nd time - I gotta say this stuff is awesome and perhaps even better than I remember it being a few weeks ago. Thanks again for sharing, I'm hooked!

sprucegum

Reaction score
First name
Dave
Well, I just cooked pancakes for the family for dinner and we had Dave's maple syrup for the 2nd time - I gotta say this stuff is awesome and perhaps even better than I remember it being a few weeks ago. Thanks again for sharing, I'm hooked!
Boil a pint or so until it hits about 235 degrees on your candy thermometer let it cool down some then start stiring it with a wooden spoon. It will get a little grainy and thicker at this point spread some while still hot on a raised doughnut, or for that matter about anything edible. You will never go back to crispy cream. It will keep for months in the frig. and will be soft enough to spread on your english muffin or bagel.

NYWoodturner

Wood Spinner
Reaction score
First name
Scott
I've had more pancakes in the last 4 or 5 weeks than I've had in the last 4 or 5 years. Dave's syrup is like no other I have ever had. Not too sweet but packed full of flavor. Boiling it to reduce it and use as a spread would probably throw me into the addict arena. :wacko:

sprucegum

Reaction score
First name
Dave
I've had more pancakes in the last 4 or 5 weeks than I've had in the last 4 or 5 years. Dave's syrup is like no other I have ever had. Not too sweet but packed full of flavor. Boiling it to reduce it and use as a spread would probably throw me into the addict arena. :wacko:
I still have a couple gallons left if you if your are becoming addicted. I really would hate for you to go into withdrawal. I need to research company's that produce insulin, it could be the stock play of the year.

Kevin

Wood is good.
Reaction score
First name
Kevin

I got up at 2 a.m. Sunday to pee and noticed my blood sugar was a little low so I cut off a slice of homemade sourdough and tossed it in the toaster, slathered with butter, lightly drowned it in the Golden Delicate, woofed it down and went back to bed one happy camper. Now that you mention it, we have some left over biscuits in the fridge . . . . . .

:yummy:

woodtickgreg

scroll, flat, spin
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
Founding Member
Forum Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Greg
I just opened my dark syrup and stuck my finger in it ( by mistake of course ) It is delicious, I really like the bold flavor of the dark. I mixed some with some BBQ sauce for some country ribs, WOW! Mine, mine, mine, all mine!

sprucegum

Reaction score
First name
Dave
I just opened my dark syrup and stuck my finger in it ( by mistake of course ) It is delicious, I really like the bold flavor of the dark. I mixed some with some BBQ sauce for some country ribs, WOW! Mine, mine, mine, all mine!
The darker stuff is definitely the way to go for most cooking needs as the stronger flavor finds it's way through all of the other ingredients. I did 3 whole briskets this weekend for a Jack and Jill baby shower and put the burnt ends in some sauce that contained a good dose of maple syrup; they went quick. Should have burnt the whole dam brisket I guess. I am not big on sauce for brisket myself, if it is done rite it will stand on it's own laurels.

Last edited: