Mini urn

Hardup

Reaction score
First name
Travis
Hey guys. Wanted to post one of my first turning projects. I am fairly new to lathe work so take it easy on me. My father in law passed away this last week after a 6 month battle in the hospital. He was a great man an I was fortunate to have such a great man as a father in law. He was cremated and all of the kids were to get small mini urns to each keep a remembrance of him. I decided to make the one for my wife and I as he was a fellow craftsman and would have appreciated something handmade. Walnut with epoxy. The lid was turned a little under and then grooved with an o-ring installed for a tight fit. Thanks for letting me share and I hope this didn’t come across as morbid but it was something I was honored to make.

71D49A5B-D682-4546-8913-A7B8AA3BA8D4.jpeg

4D6414F2-FADF-483A-97D5-4B824A2D2726.jpeg

7540F3B7-BE8D-4AC3-B4A4-19CCFA964317.jpeg

woodtickgreg

scroll, flat, spin
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
Founding Member
Forum Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Greg
It's not morbid at all, in fact it's very honorable. I'm sure your father in law would feel the same way about how you honored him with something hand made for him.

Hardup

Reaction score
First name
Travis
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Nicely made remembrance. Might I suggest if not already done, that the deceased name and lifespan be inscribed in the bottom as many of these bits of information get lost in our passing...
I made a simple walnut plaque that this sits on. Nothing fancy. And then sent out for a name plate to be made. Should pick that up this week and will get it all put together.