Models

ghost1066

Reaction score
First name
Tommy
Way back when I was a professional model builder and wrote for several magazines, did color masters, box art and catalog art. Thought you would get a kick out of a few of them. The first shot is not photoshopped I took that one on my patio.

trexcroc.jpg 307.jpg 306.jpg ScannedImage017.jpg 002 (5).JPG 303.jpg

Tclem

Can't buy love. Buy wood instead
Reaction score
First name
Tony
Ok you bought those off eBay. Those are cool

ripjack13

ɹǝʇɹɐqpooʍ
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Marc
Sweet! Back when I was a kid I used to do the cars. It's all in the paint job. Detail.detail.detail. I dont have any of them now. Some kid my mom was baby sitting broke em all!!! I was heartbroken for a while. Haven't made one since.
I do however have a bunch still in the box....maybe one of these days...

Last edited:

ironman123

Reaction score
First name
Ray
Do you mold any of those, like with Smooth-On or other resins? I used to mold and make windshields, exhaust headers, roof tops and other parts for my slot cars a few dozen years ago.
Those are nice. Scar rr yyy.

Ray

ghost1066

Reaction score
First name
Tommy
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thanks guys the last two I kept the others went to collectors. Some of these kits are vinyl, some are resin and the werewolf is cold cast porcelain. The waterfalls and all of the bases they are standing on I built from scratch.

Ray these are all kits I got from people that wanted them built. The dinosaurs were sculpted by a good friend of mine and yes I did help making molds at times some for animals up to 25 feet long. If I sculpted a piece for myself then yes I made my own molds and poured the resin.