More wood that definitely doesn’t belong on the burn pile…

Byron Barker

Member
Full Member
Messages
1,222
Reaction score
1,755
Location
Hualien Taiwan
First name
Byron
Round 8: I am fairly confident this is yellow Hinoki. I found the stump and about 4ft of body. This is the stump portion. Wild grain patterns going on in there and very tight growth rings. Rare piece of wood here. Smells STRONGLY of lemons. I removed as much of the frayed wood skin as possible while not wasting more than necessary with my angle grinder. Please note the large fold at the base and a small void near the top. I sealed it with polyurethane and the thing turned golden. Really lovely piece of wood. It would be fine just to do a better job polishing it up and using it as a standing piece. It’ll make your whole room smell like a citrus farm. Asking 55$ for this one plus shipping. 33cmx13~21x8~15. @300LW

IMG_7071.webp IMG_7072.webp IMG_7073.webp IMG_7074.webp IMG_7075.webp IMG_7076.webp IMG_7077.webp IMG_7078.webp IMG_7079.webp IMG_7080.webp
 
Back
Top