New guy with a similar affliction

Iheartwood

Member
Full Member
Messages
6
Reaction score
11
Location
Eastern PA
First name
Ryan
Greetings wood barterers,

I'm a furniture maker in Bucks County, PA. My father was a carpenter and I grew up around a wood shop, but didn't seriously start making until ~ 5 years ago. I've taken a few classes but I'm mostly self taught through reading/internet. I like to use traditional joinery and both hand/power tools. In addition to my ever growing obsession with woodworking/tools, I have gradually developed a similar focus on collecting (hoarding?) unique lumber. Primarily figured domestic species and uncommon domestics. I'm hoping to connect with some like minded woodworkers and do some trading of ideas and lumber!

I'm in the process of blurring the line between hobby and furniture studio, so I would also love to discuss this part with anyone who has been on a similar journey.

Cheers,
Ryan
 
Welcome from Austria. Read our rules, ignore the Texans and reply four times to be able to post anywhere.
 
Back
Top