New member 'hello' from Utah!

nateberry

Reaction score
First name
Nate
Hi there Wood Barter folks. My name is Nate & this is my first post on the wood barter forms. I'm seeking to join this form to mainly share projects and purchase wood for projects. I have been making kitchen cutlery for nearly 6 years now and would like the ability to add this form as another resource to get awesome handle material! My kids and I also have started turning pen's as gifts for friends and family. I do have dreams of getting a wood lathe large enough to turn 8" bowls. Right now the focus is going to stay on handcrafted cutlery and pens ;)

For example I am currently in the market for an Aspen burl blank that's about 6" x 1.5" x 2". I saw a post @Texasstate made nearly a year ago and was like alright I need to join this network.

Nice to meet you all :)

Maverick

Reaction score
First name
John
Welcome from CA Nate. Enjoy the forum. Looking forward to seeing some of your work.

phinds

Staff member
Global Moderator
Founding Member
Forum Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Paul
Welcome from NY. Pics ! We must have pics ! Rule here is, no pics, it didn't happen, SO ... you haven't really done ANY woodwork so far, have ya, huh, huh, huh, have ya ? :lol2:

El Guapo

Reaction score
First name
Andrew
Welcome! Plus one on pics! I would love to hear more about the cutlery you make too.

Tony

Hardwood Enthusiast
Staff member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Tony
Nate, Welcome from South Texas! @JR Parks might be able to help you with the Aspen you're looking for. Tony

FranklinWorkshops

Reaction score
First name
Larry
Hi there Wood Barter folks. My name is Nate & this is my first post on the wood barter forms. I'm seeking to join this form to mainly share projects and purchase wood for projects. I have been making kitchen cutlery for nearly 6 years now and would like the ability to add this form as another resource to get awesome handle material! My kids and I also have started turning pen's as gifts for friends and family. I do have dreams of getting a wood lathe large enough to turn 8" bowls. Right now the focus is going to stay on handcrafted cutlery and pens ;)

For example I am currently in the market for an Aspen burl blank that's about 6" x 1.5" x 2". I saw a post @Texasstate made nearly a year ago and was like alright I need to join this network.

Nice to meet you all :)
Hi Nate. Welcome to WB. As Barry @Wildthings mentioned, I sell lots of wood for spoons and other kitchen utensils on my Etsy site. The link to it is below. I can also custom cut anything you might want but don't have burls. @Mike1950 has lots of burls.

Mr. Peet

Reaction score
First name
Mark
Well, been 2 days, haven't seen any responses from Nate. Hope he comes back as there are a lot of species of wood in his state that I lack having....

ripjack13

ɹǝʇɹɐqpooʍ
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Marc
Howdy Nate, welcome to the club....