New wood store open in Arkansas

Cloud of Sawdust Farms

Member
Full Member
Messages
309
Reaction score
953
Location
Conway, Arkansas, USA
First name
Ben
So I just visited a new shop that's just opened in my home town of Conway, Arkansas, called BTM Woodworking.

The store is actually going to be open more than six hours a week (which is more than you can say for the nearest competitor down in Little Rock). The owner's very friendly, he stocks all kinds of tools and finishes, and his wood selection's pretty good. Most of his domestic species he actually gets from a local mill, so he's got local elm and hickory and other species you don't see every day in the trade. Decent if not huge selection of the usual exotics. If you live in the area or you're passing through on I-40, BTM is worth a look -- it's certainly faster to scratch that wood acquisition itch here than waiting on mail order, and you save on shipping too! I hope this guy succeeds.

20261011_123736.webp 20261011_123743.webp 20261011_123752.webp 20261011_123810.webp
 
Last edited:
This seemed like the best place to post this, but moderators may correct me if I have erred. . .

So I just visited a new shop that's just opened in my home town of Conway, Arkansas, called BTM Woodworking.

The store is actually going to be open more than six hours a week (which is more than you can say for the nearest competitor down in Little Rock). The owner's very friendly, he stocks all kinds of tools and finishes, and his wood selection's pretty good. Most of his domestic species he actually gets from a local mill, so he's got local elm and hickory and other species you don't see every day in the trade. Decent if not huge selection of the usual exotics. If you live in the area or you're passing through on I-40, BTM is worth a look -- it's certainly faster to scratch that wood acquisition itch here than waiting on mail order, and you save on shipping too! I hope this guy succeeds.

View attachment 294306 View attachment 294307 View attachment 294308 View attachment 294309
That looks very nice.
 
They don't seem to have a website yet, just FB and Linked in. Would love to see local woods they have for sale. See their Grand Opening is this Saturday the 17th. Maybe after next weekend they will have something web wise.
 
This seemed like the best place to post this, but moderators may correct me if I have erred. . .

So I just visited a new shop that's just opened in my home town of Conway, Arkansas, called BTM Woodworking.

The store is actually going to be open more than six hours a week (which is more than you can say for the nearest competitor down in Little Rock). The owner's very friendly, he stocks all kinds of tools and finishes, and his wood selection's pretty good. Most of his domestic species he actually gets from a local mill, so he's got local elm and hickory and other species you don't see every day in the trade. Decent if not huge selection of the usual exotics. If you live in the area or you're passing through on I-40, BTM is worth a look -- it's certainly faster to scratch that wood acquisition itch here than waiting on mail order, and you save on shipping too! I hope this guy succeeds.

View attachment 294306 View attachment 294307 View attachment 294308 View attachment 294309
I wish them the best. Hope they can survive the cost of the overhead. Chuck
 
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
  • #5
I wish them the best. Hope they can survive the cost of the overhead. Chuck
Yeah. . . the owner's a veteran, recently retired from the corporate world, who has clearly invested a lot of love and time and effort and cash into this place. I hope there are enough woodworkers in the area to keep him in business. With all of this. . . [vague gestures directed at the outside world] . . . going on, he may have some headwinds. But I want him to succeed.
 
Back
Top