Ohhh Barrrrryyyyyyy.....

Arn213

craM de la craM # RipJack City!
Reaction score
First name
Arn
I miss going to the games of pro baseball farms. Back when I lived in Charleston, I went to see the Charleston River Dogs which is the “A” team for the Yankees. It had that family baseball vibe and the cost to get in was inexpensive, be able to rub elbows with the locals, they have a pre-events and they have tailgate parties! I even enjoyed much more when my youngest son played travel baseball around SC, NC and Georgia. Those were much more fun to see young kids bring it and enjoy the games and socialized with baseball families- weekend games are double headers times 2! Those kids are tough to grind through 4 games in 2 days!

Last edited:

SubVet10

Veteran, Author, Maker
Reaction score
First name
Brandon
I miss going to the games of pro baseball farms. Back when I lived in Charleston, I went to see the Charleston River Dogs which is the “A” team for the Yankees. It had that family baseball vibe and the cost to get in was inexpensive, be able to rub elbows with the locals, they have a pre-events and they have tailgate parties! I even enjoyed much more when my youngest son played travel baseball around SC, NC and Georgia. Those were much more fun to see young kids bring it and enjoy the games and socialized with baseball families- weekend games are double headers times 2! Those kids are tough to grind through 4 games in 2 days!
My Dad lives in SC now, there's more baseball and hockey than you can shake a twig at.
And yes, you can't beat the price and experience of a park in the suburbs to a downtown stadium.

Gdurfey

Reaction score
First name
Garry
Heading to OK City in a week, need to check their schedule. Stadium is tight behind the hotel. Last summer I wanted to go but didn’t feel like sitting in 105 temps. I’m not that tough anymore……maybe never was.

Wildthings

ASTROS '23 ALCS CHAMPIONS runnerup
Reaction score
First name
Barry
I'm here but keeping a very low profile!!! LOL. We are terrible so far, but it's a long season and we will be right in the mix of it when the fat lady starts to sing!!

SubVet10

Veteran, Author, Maker
Reaction score
First name
Brandon
I love the Rockies especially in Mexico City! Hopefully we are coming around now after taking 2/3 from Cleveland. The real test will be our next series against the Mariners
Seattle vs Houston is our "divided house" series

Arn213

Reaction score
First name
Arn
This baseball rule that should be clear, concise and correct all the time and not be ambiguous………..

IMG_7866.jpeg

Wildthings

Reaction score
First name
Barry
This baseball rule that should be clear, concise and correct all the time and not be ambiguous………..

View attachment 256531
The 2nd picture he could be moving into the lane BUT that first picture he is just standing there. But is a runner approaching home in the base path or is this just click bait?

Arn213

Reaction score
First name
Arn
The 2nd picture he could be moving into the lane BUT that first picture he is just standing there. But is a runner approaching home in the base path or is this just click bait?
Barry @Wildthings this actually took place and let me put up a link. My understanding of this rule for the catcher is that, he cannot have his foot at home plate when the runner is at scoring position at all times and can only move into that spot if the trajectory of the ball takes his momentum towards that spot. He also has to give clear lane of the base path. Have a look at the video and see how the catcher is positioned before and after the tag was made. This has happened last year as well- the Washington Nationals game if my memory serves me correctly.

Link:

“Call a spade a spade” and not make the rule ambiguous when clearly the video shows intent and clear violation of the rule. The catcher’s left foot never left home plate as the “bang bang play” was taking place.

Having said that, I am surprised that the manager did not pinch run for Alonso having the game on the line.

On another side note another ambiguous play that the Mets was involved in took place in a different game. When are you allowed to use your protective equipment to be an extension of your hand to escape a tag from an infielder? WTF is going on with umpire officiating calls?

Last edited:

SENC

Reaction score
First name
Henry
I agree with you, Arn - except when the call goes against the Mets, then I'm OK with bad calls. :taunt:

Arn213

Reaction score
First name
Arn
I agree with you, Arn - except when the call goes against the Mets, then I'm OK with bad calls. :taunt:
Lol- you know I was expecting a bunch of those response…….a bunch more will be coming out of the woodwork. But, seriously this is why there are talks to move into “bot umps”! How do you argue with a “bot ump”? You start cursing, you probably get tossed out instantly. Does this mean each team can have a “bot manager” representative to tell the the “ump bot” to fc*k off and “go unplug yourself”!

Last edited:

SubVet10

Veteran, Author, Maker
Reaction score
First name
Brandon
As long as there are enough of them who think Angel Hernandez deserves a job then there's no point in reasoning with them.

In addition to robo umps, they need umps able to keep up with the game. Like in hockey.
What decade was it the last time Joe West waddled fast than the speed of smell?

Wildthings

Reaction score
First name
Barry
I don't think he is blocking the plate. There is a clear path to the plate since he's standing on the center/back of it. Alonso's hand bounces up but come back down right before the tag is applied. (see freeze frame below) Go Mets!! not really Mets suck, I'm just supporting Arn here!

1715092772408.png

Arn213

Reaction score
First name
Arn
I don't think he is blocking the plate. There is a clear path to the plate since he's standing on the center/back of it. Alonso's hand bounces up but come back down right before the tag is applied. (see freeze frame below) Go Mets!! not really Mets suck, I'm just supporting Arn here!

View attachment 256620
Barry @Wildthings - the video shows the catchers foot on top of home plate in fair territory the whole time when the play was taking place. You can see his foot on top of the plate as the ball drops into left field and when the left fielder makes a relay throw to the infielder. The lane technically is given, but his foot is suppose to be in fair territory from the get go and not had his whole left foot on top of home plate the whole time the play was taking place. If the catcher’s foot is touching home plate before the ball get’s into his hands, it should be interference. He put his foot there strategically so it hinders the runner from seeing the plate clearly.

On a side note the shortstop or second baseman will put their foot in front of the bag when the throw comes in from the catcher for someone trying to take the bag to slide to steal second base. The side of the shoe becomes a barrier and the visibility of second base is hinder by the side of the shoe, especially when the infielder squats down to position himself to put the tag on the runner, plus the base stealer then has to make an adjustment to either use his left or right hand to touch the base or vice versa with the foot. I believe recently they went away with letting this happen.

Arn
PS- will be catching the Astros play the Yanks at Yankees Stadium tomorrow at 5 pm.

Last edited:

Arn213

Reaction score
First name
Arn
At the Yankee game this afternoon to see them play the Astros @Wildthings and @Eric Rorabaugh- always loud and feels like playoff atmosphere. One of my pet peeves going to the ballpark is they have not figured out to facilitate getting the crowd inside the stadium and they have 4 gates for admission. Don’t ever go into gate 6 (gate from hell or is it heaven?)- every one for some reason goes at this gate and it is so crowded that it takes 45 minutes or 3 missed innings when it is packed. See photo. Go to gate 4 or the other rear gate on Jerome Ave- it will take 10 to 15 minutes to get in (on a good day) or they actually have an app for faster check in).

IMG_8520.jpeg

IMG_8521.jpeg

IMG_8522.jpeg

IMG_8523.jpeg

IMG_8525.jpeg

IMG_8524.jpeg
^ Eric see what I did there with seat locations?

Last edited:

Arn213

Reaction score
First name
Arn
@Eric Rorabaugh that “Bearclaw” is calling my name 😂………….2 of the apparel shops in the stadium………

IMG_8515.jpeg

IMG_8516.jpeg

IMG_8526.jpeg

IMG_8527.jpeg

IMG_8528.jpeg

IMG_8529.jpeg

Just to sweeten up the pot. How about a custom jersey with your last name and number @Eric Rorabaugh?

IMG_8519.jpeg

Bonus for the little ones………..you see any Dads in the picture? Grandpa rather see the little one’s have fun…….

IMG_8517.jpeg

IMG_8518.jpeg

Last edited:

Arn213

Reaction score
First name
Arn
Go Space City! D@mn them Yanks
There were 4 home runs at that game, 2 from each team. The home run by Alvarez was a bullet and left in a hurry. Judge was a mammoth home run- second game in a row I have him seen pound the ball. They made the 9th inning very interesting…….then Hader gets in and what do you expect the outcome to be?

None of the Astros get’s booed when at bat except for 2 players- Altuve and Bergman.

The Yankees I am afraid is doing Stanton an injustice- IMHO, he was a better all around player when he was playing the outfield (Marlins) and he became a one facet player being a DH.

Wildthings

Reaction score
First name
Barry
Man, I sure wanna make a trip up there to see the Astros and Yankees and/or Mets!! Gotta a trip planned to Boston in August for their 3-game series already lined up!!
Singleton hit a mammoth shot also!!