Paul's Bigger Wood

Big Ry

Member
Full Member
Messages
1,719
Reaction score
1,928
Location
Philadelphia, PA
First name
Ryan
As many of you already know, I am helping @Mr. Peet with listing the rest of Paul Hind's wood. I believe this is the rest of Paul's supply, besides any unclaimed boxes that may remain from Mark's listings.

HOW IT WORKS
As was done with Mark's sale thread, the package will be sent to the buyer. After they inspect the contents, then the buy sends payment to me. If the buyer decides that the contents are worth more, they may pay more and the difference from the payment will be applied to a fund for Paul's grandchildren. If the buyer feels shorted, I will make good on the deal.

Where things differ from Mark's sale threads:
  • Due to size, most packages will not be using USPS flat rate shipping boxes (more details below)
  • I will be accepting and would prefer Paypal for payment (checks still OK, if you don't Paypal)
PARCEL TYPES
I have all of the wood categorized into 3 different types of shipments - Large Flat Rate, Single Pieces, and Board Packs.

Large Flat Rate: Mark had a stack of the discontinued USPS Large Game Board Flat Rate Boxes (23 11/16″ x 11 3/4″ x 3″ inside), which USPS still honors. Some of Paul's wood fits into these boxes, so I filled as many as possible and topped them off with my own wood so that they are completely full. There are only 5 total boxes available. The estimated value of each box will be provided when listed.

Single Pieces: A few of Paul's pieces are of sufficient value that they will be listed individually instead of being bundled with other boards. There are only 3 Single Pieces available. Two of the pieces are slightly over $50 estimated value. The third is well over $100 estimated value. The estimated value of each piece will be provided when listed.

Board Packs: The rest of Paul's wood will be bundles of approximately 3-5 boards. The goal is to bundle pieces that have an estimated value in the $30-50 range, however there are bound to be some packs outside of this range. All packs should be at least $30 value, so if anything they might be over $50.

SHIPPING
Large Flat Rate: The 5 flat rate packages have a flat rate shipping cost of $34, so I will be asking $50 for these just like Mark did.

Single Piece & Board Packs: Since these packages exceed flat rate limits, I will have to quote each individual parcel. Quotes will be done using Pirate Ship. Due to my local post office's limited hours and the volume of packages I will be sending, I will only be using UPS unless Pirate Ship's UPS quote is significantly higher than USPS. If a buyer is unable to receive UPS shipments, DM me to discuss options. For Single Piece parcels, I am asking 50% Estimated Value + Actual Shipping. For Board Pack parcels, I am asking $25 + Actual Shipping.

*** Some single pieces and board packs exceed standard shipping length and width limits and would incur additional shipping charges if shipped as-is. In such scenarios, I can cut the boards at the buyer's request to keep shipping costs reasonable. I am only offering this option when parcels would otherwise incur additional surcharge.

ROLL-OUT

Due to the additional time required to quote and pack most of this wood, I will be doing a phased roll-out. There's no specific time frame for this roll-out beyond what is stated below. I recently got a new job and have 2 weeks off in between, so I am going to make a push to get everything posted in that period. But I don't want to make any guarantees.

Phase 1: Large Flat Rate boxes & Single Pieces​
Phase 2: Board Packs​

I think that about covers everything. Some flat rate boxes will be up first...
 
Great job helping out @Big Ry and some beautiful boards there.

I purchased one of the first boxes of smalls Mark put out there to support Paul’s family and help dispose of his collection.

This is a very worthy cause and a lot of work for you (and Mark). I don’t have much use for flat-stock since I exclusively do woodturning nowadays. (I’m into selling flat stock 😀)

Doing this shout out to bring attention to the post, for those who might not have seen it yet.
 
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
  • #6
Great job helping out @Big Ry and some beautiful boards there.

I purchased one of the first boxes of smalls Mark put out there to support Paul’s family and help dispose of his collection.

This is a very worthy cause and a lot of work for you (and Mark). I don’t have much use for flat-stock since I exclusively do woodturning nowadays. (I’m into selling flat stock 😀)

Doing this shout out to bring attention to the post, for those who might not have seen it yet.
Thank you. I will say one of the flat rate boxes will (mostly) be spindles. There are a couple other pieces that are bowl or platter/plate blanks, but most is typical lumber unfortunately for you turners.
 
As many of you already know, I am helping @Mr. Peet with listing the rest of Paul Hind's wood. I believe this is the rest of Paul's supply, besides any unclaimed boxes that may remain from Mark's listings.

Boxes #19, 20, and 41 from Mark's original listings are still unclaimed. Here's the original post for Box 19, and then you can scroll through the thread. . .



And Box #39 from Mark's original listing of Paul's short boards is also unclaimed. Here's the original post:

 
Last edited:
Back
Top