Sawbones
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
Forum Moderator
Reaction score
First name
David
I've got some lying around. What size you looking for?

Doesn't matter to me. Pen and stopper blanks are good for ornaments. Anything in the 5-6" cube range is good for small hollowforms.

norman vandyke

Russian olive burl guy
Reaction score
First name
Norm
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Doesn't matter to me. Pen and stopper blanks are good for ornaments. Anything in the 5-6" cube range is good for small hollowforms.
I'll get some stuff together this afternoon and post up pictures.

norman vandyke

Russian olive burl guy
Reaction score
First name
Norm
@DKMD here's some I have around. Let me know if they work for you. I have no idea what the value of cholla is. Lol. Thinnest is 1-3/8". 14808811614211356891880.jpg 1480881280389-1976520500.jpg 1480881194989-175167877.jpg 1480881250897-1894013487.jpg

Last edited:

DKMD

Sawbones
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
Forum Moderator
Reaction score
First name
David

DKMD

Sawbones
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
Forum Moderator
Reaction score
First name
David
Got my ROB! Woo hoo!

norman vandyke

Russian olive burl guy
Reaction score
First name
Norm
@DKMD got cholla today. Looks awesome! I can't believe how big it is. Thanks for the peanut too. Going to make a nice knife handle.

Clay3063

I'm a cantankerous old man, and I know it.
Reaction score
First name
Clay
I was at our place in West Texas this week. I came across a couple of pretty good size pieces of prickly pear trunk that is completely dried and looks similar to Doc's cholla. If you're still in the market let me know and I'll post a couple pictures of it tomorrow. I just walked in the door after an 8 hour trip and am too tired to go back out and take any pictures tonight.

norman vandyke

Russian olive burl guy
Reaction score
First name
Norm
I was at our place in West Texas this week. I came across a couple of pretty good size pieces of prickly pear trunk that is completely dried and looks similar to Doc's cholla. If you're still in the market let me know and I'll post a couple pictures of it tomorrow. I just walked in the door after an 8 hour trip and am too tired to go back out and take any pictures tonight.
That would be great! Thanks

Clay3063

Reaction score
First name
Clay
That would be great! Thanks
OK, Norm... maybe they don't look quite as good as Doc's cholla. Who am I kidding? They don't even come close. But, I was driving out of the dirt road leading out of the place when I passed by this big cluster of dead cactus and thought about this post and your unusual request. Here is what I have. It's ugly. It's dirty. It's big. And maybe it's usable for you. Let me know. Other wise I will either throw it in the burn pile or maybe box it and squirrel it away for some future enterprise or use or whatever, if I can hide it from the wife (she thinks I have enough hoarded scrap metal, wood, tools, and various other assorted essential man stuff to last three men, ten life times).

IMG_1417.JPG IMG_1418.JPG IMG_1419.JPG IMG_1420.JPG IMG_1421.JPG IMG_1422.JPG

norman vandyke

Russian olive burl guy
Reaction score
First name
Norm
OK, Norm... maybe they don't look quite as good as Doc's cholla. Who am I kidding? They don't even come close. But, I was driving out of the dirt road leading out of the place when I passed by this big cluster of dead cactus and thought about this post and your unusual request. Here is what I have. It's ugly. It's dirty. It's big. And maybe it's usable for you. Let me know. Other wise I will either throw it in the burn pile or maybe box it and squirrel it away for some future enterprise or use or whatever, if I can hide it from the wife (she thinks I have enough hoarded scrap metal, wood, tools, and various other assorted essential man stuff to last three men, ten life times).

View attachment 119502 View attachment 119503 View attachment 119504 View attachment 119505 View attachment 119506 View attachment 119507
How much can you fit of the really web-like looking stuff into a flat rate game box and do you want cash or trade?

Clay3063

Reaction score
First name
Clay
Send me your address in a private message and I will run into town and get a couple of boxes (find the right size to fit the most of this into) and mail it to you. You look at it and decide if you can use it first. If you can then just send me some wood. I turn pens mostly but would also turn pepper mills or game calls if I had the wood to do that with. You look. You decide what it's value is to you and I'll be happy with whatever you send (That is if it has any value to you. You may look at it and decide it's of no use to you. In that case toss it. I don't want it back! LOL!)
. How about that?