Q Station

BArnold

Reaction score
First name
Bill
I've enjoyed cooking of various types just about my whole life, especially grilling and, for many years, smoking meats.

Steaks, chicken and various veggies are the primary foods I do on my grill.

For smoking, pork spare ribs and Boston butt are my favorites, but I do brisket as well as fish filets at times. At Thanksgiving, I'll usually throw a couple of turkeys on the smoker.

My grill and smoker are parked under a carport so I don't have to battle raindrops. I use a gas grill, which works better for my wife and me than having to fire up a charcoal grill for a couple of steaks.

Smokin20130704a.jpg

The photo below shows a previous cook where I smoked two turkey breasts, pork ribs and some tilapia filets.

Smokin20130704b.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

BArnold

Reaction score
First name
Bill
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I've been using pecan a lot in the past couple of years because of availability. In the past, I've used cherry offcuts from my shop and really like it. Other shop offcuts have been maple and oak. I've also used oak from the firewood stand. I know it sounds like I'm all over the place, but it all works. You just have to adjust the amount of the type of wood you use based on how strong it might be.

Kevin

Wood is good.
Reaction score
First name
Kevin
I know it sounds like I'm all over the place, but it all works.

Not at all - I cook the same way. I cook like I build things - try not to do the same thing twice unless it's really really good.