Question Of The Week-v2 ....( 2026 Week 41 )

ripjack13

ɹǝʇɹɐqpooʍ
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
Full Member
Messages
31,912
Reaction score
40,317
Location
Connecticut
First name
Marc
What part of woodworking challenges you the most? And how have you adapted to it?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------


:coffee2:

**Rules**
There is no minimum post requirement.
Leprechauns, primates, woodticks, and wood lovers are welcome to post an answer.
What I want to know is how did someone find out that a beaver's butt tasted like vanilla?
 
Uncovering my saw and then starting the day.
I go back inside and get on my computer. That's starting to become a challenge also. .............. Nubs
 
Carving out time in the workshop. Way too many distractions in life. Try to dedicate at least one full day in the week to woodworking. Can usually find an hour here or there which I use for putting finish on projects. Chuck
 
Cleaning up - I hate it almost as much as sanding. I've learned that doing a bit as I go along helps, and getting my shop organized so tools have their places (that are easily reachable) helps a lot, too.
 
I'm going to say precision cutting. I rarely make a piece that fits together properly on the first go. I don't know if it's the accuracy of my saws, blades, or if it's my less than adequate attention to detail when marking and cutting. I deal with it by just making more stuff and trying different things. Sharper pencils, closer inspection of measurement tools, making a "rough" cut that close to my line and then making a very narrow trim cut to the final mark, etc. But I mostly just buy more sand paper.
 
Im going to agree with the guys above, shop time, and keeping it clean ish.
 
Back
Top