Shipping Suggestions

Keely

Reaction score
First name
Keely
I have not shipped boards yet and don't know what the cheapest way to send them to people would be. Perhaps I should consider making larger bundles of wood, and then overall the shipping wouldn't be as big of a percentage of the purchase. I am totally open to suggestions.

Last edited by a moderator:

Kevin

Wood is good.
Reaction score
First name
Kevin
Familiarize yourself with the two sizes of USPS large flat rate boxes (LFRB) and also go to fedex.com and open an account. There's no downside to opening the fedex account it will save you beau coup money when shipping items too large for flat rate boxes. You will also use the SFRB and the two MFRBs. And finally, USPS regional shipping boxes are an over-looked method to ship also and although you won't use them often, sometimes they can be the lowest cost method for smaller orders. The term "regional" is very misleading and for now you might not want to concentrate on learning that method because it will only constitute a small percentage of your shipping and perhaps none if you never ship bottle stoppers and pen blanks etc.

Last edited:

Tclem

Can't buy love. Buy wood instead
Reaction score
First name
Tony
What Kevin said and also make sure the customer wants the board in that length. They may be cuttin it up and you could still put it in a lfrb. I know I may but a 32" board but will be cutting it up into 4" blanks.

Keely

Reaction score
First name
Keely
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thanks guys! I am still trying to figure this site out. I appreciate all the help I can get. I am SO not a computer person! it is all very intimidating now, but I have hope.

Treecycle Hardwoods

Founding Member
Founding Member
Reaction score
First name
Greg
Thanks guys! I am still trying to figure this site out. I appreciate all the help I can get. I am SO not a computer person! it is all very intimidating now, but I have hope.
There is a lot that goes into it you will get acclimated soon enough.

woodtickgreg

scroll, flat, spin
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
Founding Member
Forum Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Greg
Your doing great, it takes a little time to get used to all the features of the site, it will be second nature before you know it. The best way to learn is by doing.