Show us your shop

Mike Hill

Board Whoarder
Reaction score
First name
Mike
Jonathon, excellent!!!!!
I've thought about variable drive for my older Nova 3000 (i.e. non-DVR), but the danged upgrade costs more than what I paid for the lathe new! - go figure. Plus, gotten used to the changes - so no big deal. Might put variable speed on the big lathe I build after I retire. Put variable speed on my Jet Midi, but it only cost less than $100.

Last edited:

woodtickgreg

scroll, flat, spin
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
Founding Member
Forum Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Greg
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
For what it's worth, I love having variable speed. You don't think it's a big deal until you have it and then you learn how useful and cool it really is.

Nature Man

Reaction score
First name
Chuck
Jonathon, excellent!!!!!
I've thought about variable drive for my older Nova 3000 (i.e. non-DVR), but the danged upgrade costs more than what I paid for the lathe new! - go figure. Plus, gotten used to the changes - so no big deal. Might put variable speed on the big lathe I build after I retire. Put variable speed on my Jet Midi, but it only cost less than $100.
Retire?

Sprung

Amateur Sawdust Maker
Reaction score
First name
Matt
Don - now that is a real nice shop space! Lots of space to spread everything out too. I think any of us would be jealous of having that much floor space! I really like the different rooms/zones - that is something I would really love to have.

DLJeffs

Reaction score
First name
Doug
Really nice shop Don. I see the mini-fridge and the freezer in there, nice convenience. I see miscellaneous stuff stacked in the corner and under work benches etc. That must be a craftsmen's genetic defect thing we all do. We look at something and think 'I should toss this thing...but it might be useful sometime. I'll save it for now. But where to put it? Ah, I'll just stick it here for now.' And there it will sit until we're looking for something else and we'll move stuff around and find that particular thing and think 'Hey, cool, here's that thing I saved. I haven't seen this in years. Really should toss it...but I might need it. I'll just set it over here for now....'.

My buddy with the full shop that I mooch off of is building a wooden ship like that. I think his is the USS Constitution. Many many tiny parts.

Eric Rorabaugh

Staff member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Eric
1000008132.jpg

My shop right now. I'm at firearms instructor in-service now. We just put new red dot sights and lights on our pistols. We are shooting and getting used to everything before the rest of the departments in-service. That way we can adjust everything and help them. Always a good time when you can shoot 500 rounds of someone else's ammo. Habe a full day of shooting tomorrow

Nature Man

Reaction score
First name
Chuck
View attachment 253029

My shop right now. I'm at firearms instructor in-service now. We just put new red dot sights and lights on our pistols. We are shooting and getting used to everything before the rest of the departments in-service. That way we can adjust everything and help them. Always a good time when you can shoot 500 rounds of someone else's ammo. Habe a full day of shooting tomorrow
I take it the lights are out in your workshop…. Firearms training sounds like a blast! Chuck

woodtickgreg

scroll, flat, spin
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
Founding Member
Forum Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Greg
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
View attachment 253029

Yeah yeah, excuses excuses, blah blah blah. :sofa: