Slow

Mike1950

Founding Member
Founding Member
Reaction score
First name
Mike
Is it just me are has the site slowed down to snails pace. I barely can access anything and it takes multiple tries.

Mike1950

Founding Member
Founding Member
Reaction score
First name
Mike
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Must be me then because I barely can do anything.

Mike1950

Founding Member
Founding Member
Reaction score
First name
Mike
Signed out shut off machine multiple times- slow.................. or just a blank screen. now If I don't sign in I am fine- any ideas.

Mike1950

Founding Member
Founding Member
Reaction score
First name
Mike
Ok - I can get on as guest and it is fast. But even though I am signed out My name is still on list. Kathie thinks I have a "Ghost Job" that I cannot shut off. I barely can sign in and out- multiple tries is what it takes @NYWoodturner @Kevin

NYWoodturner

Wood Spinner
Reaction score
First name
Scott
There is a lag in the "who is signed on" sometimes by as much as 15 minutes, so don't use that as a gauge. Given the fact that it works fast when you on as a guest, and slow when your on while signed it tells me it's not the site. I think your cache is full on your computer. Do as Jonathan suggested and clean out your temp internet files and clear your cache. I think he is right. It should clear it up.

Mike1950

Founding Member
Founding Member
Reaction score
First name
Mike
There is a lag in the "who is signed on" sometimes by as much as 15 minutes, so don't use that as a gauge. Given the fact that it works fast when you on as a guest, and slow when your on while signed it tells me it's not the site. I think your cache is full on your computer. Do as Jonathan suggested and clean out your temp internet files and clear your cache. I think he is right. It should clear it up.

Ok I did all that-well Kathie did and it is the same- impossible to communicate so I will use my alter ego- works perfect. Any other suggestions???

JR Custom Calls

Gobble Gobble
Reaction score
First name
Jonathan
Ok. I use chrome at home, safari at work. Seems WB works better on those two.

Make sure that when she clears it out, she chooses 'since beginning of time', as it just defaults to the last hours worth of content. And the following options need to be chosen
Browsing history
Cookies and other site and plug-in data
Cached images and files

SENC

Reaction score
First name
Henry
Kevin didn't tell you? He installed an add-on that allows the forum to operate differently according to the member's age - the goal is to make the forum operate at a more similar pace to the operator. Don't be mad, he was just trying to make it better for you.:sofa:

NYWoodturner

Wood Spinner
Reaction score
First name
Scott
Kevin didn't tell you? He installed an add-on that allows the forum to operate differently according to the member's age - the goal is to make the forum operate at a more similar pace to the operator. Don't be mad, he was just trying to make it better for you.:sofa:
:lol4: :old: :lol::lol:

Kevin

Wood is good.
Reaction score
First name
Kevin

That's pretty close Henry, but instead of age it works as an indirect proportional input to how ornery the member is. The higher level of orneryness and hardheadedness - the slower the processing. I'm surprised you didn't see a marked slowdown as well.

:rofl:

SENC

Reaction score
First name
Henry
I knew you were working on both an ornery and an age/spryness add-on... I just assumed the latter since my access seems to be faster than ever. I guess the add-on can tell I've turned over a new leaf and am just not as mean-spirited as I used to be.

Either way, I'm just glad I'm not Mike.

Mike1950

Founding Member
Founding Member
Reaction score
First name
Mike

That's pretty close Henry, but instead of age it works as an indirect proportional input to how ornery the member is. The higher level of orneryness and hardheadedness - the slower the processing. I'm surprised you didn't see a marked slowdown as well.

:rofl:

I knew you were working on both an ornery and an age/spryness add-on... I just assumed the latter since my access seems to be faster than ever. I guess the add-on can tell I've turned over a new leaf and am just not as mean-spirited as I used to be.

Either way, I'm just glad I'm not Mike.

:old::redcard::scare3::banghead::shok: :cry: