" SOLD " Alligator Juniper birdseye burl pen blanks

shadetree_1

Founding Member
Founding Member
Full Member
Messages
4,369
Reaction score
5,331
Location
Nutrioso, AZ
First name
Joe
These are right at 3/4" x 5" 9 in the box, far left blank is just a filler, $24 plus $11 for shipping for a SFR box, there are cracks in a couple that will need CA 20250310_141907.jpg
 
Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
  • #4
They are yours my friend, pm headed your way
 
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
  • #6
3:58 a.m.!!!! I don't got a chance!! :sofa:
Sorry my friend but I spent 60 years in construction, the last 30 of those years as a superintendent and I'm usually up at 3:30 to 4 am MST every morning, so generally I'm the early bird that gets the worm.
 
You got me. Only 50 years in construction. Used to get up at 4:00, but now I sleep late - 5:00. I do not have any projects in the eastern time zone like I used to, so no need to get up before the worms.
 
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
  • #8
Sorry my friend but I spent 60 years in construction, the last 30 of those years as a superintendent and I'm usually up at 3:30 to 4 am MST every morning, so generally I'm the early bird that gets the worm.
Hey Mike, do you know where Bloomington Springs TN is ? When I was a kid I went to military academy there, JMA.
 
Yup, pretty near where I used to fish a lot. And have to pass through it to go to one of our favorite restaurants in Gainesboro. We just finished a car dealership just down the interstate a wee bit. Did not know it had a military academy.
 
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
  • #10
Yup, pretty near where I used to fish a lot. And have to pass through it to go to one of our favorite restaurants in Gainesboro. We just finished a car dealership just down the interstate a wee bit. Did not know it had a military academy.
I think it's gone now, that was in the 50s, I think I was 10 or 11 my step dad was a teacher there.
 
School no longer there. Established in 1919 by Col. Rice It was bought by Major DeBerry maybe in 1925 and name changed to DeBerry Academy in 1969. At some point JMA was closed and reopened as a School and group home for abused girls. In 1978 something burned down and something was closed. Again in 1980, and was closed down in 1985. I found conflicting information of the last few years.



Is this the school?
1741703031869.png
1919 picture of dining hall.
1741702673458.png
From 1928/1929

1741705300181.png

1958 JMA yearbook
1741702087704.png

Class of 57 and 58 - You in there? I can't make out the names?
1741706627858.png
 
Last edited:
Back
Top