" SOLD " Pistachio for sale " Chinese pistache"

  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
  • #3
I know but maybe someone can use it for something, if not it will go in the fireplace, just thought I'd try to give it another life if possible.
 
I would like to purchase it please Joe. I'll send payment shortly.
 
Well, to quote one of y'all out there, it will either be a big piece that gets smaller, or it will be something that was supposed to be something else, but once I get it in my hands I'll see what it tells me and hopefully I'm not hard of hearing.
 
@Pops, thanks for the kind message! I was watching this piece and thinking the cracks are actually a plus so good to see someone grab it before Joe chucks it into the fire. Are you turning or carving? She looks like she’ll want to spin away from the heartwood a bit but that might be advantageous. Completely agree with @2feathers Creative Making on black for contrast. If you pack that break point full of CA & wood shavings or black resin there is a pretty intriguing large single piece potential. If you’re into some live edge & abstract shaping that is. Looking forward to seeing how it works out.

IMG_4296.webp
 
Great input. 'bout the only thing I turn is pancakes, bacon and eggs before they break and run all over the place. I have a few silicone molds from Crafted Elements. Once I stabilize the wood it usually pairs nicely with a turquoise resin. If not, my wife is really good with colors so she helps me see better potential. So it will probably have several pieces go into a mold or I will find some way to highlight the grain and cracks with resin in some knife scales.

Fireplace indeed.... geez Joe.:saw:
 
Arrived today. The pictures do NOT do this piece justice. SOOOO much better than visions of sugar plums dancing in my head. Plus, dancing sugar plums are weird.

Thank you again sir.
 
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
  • #18
When you want another piece let me know Pops, I have more !
 
Back
Top