***SOLD ***Ugly Desert Ironwood and Alligator Juniper for casting.

  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
  • #3
It is about 11" in diameter but cut on a taper, about 1" thick to 4" big side.

20250210_151242.webp

20250210_151251.webp
 
I’ll take that one too. You can keep the split pieces. I can’t salvage those without casting.
 
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
  • #6
I'll take all you want to pass along, my fur babies appreciate it greatly !
 
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
  • #10
I'm sure it will not ! That Desert Ironwood is a hard nut to crack!! Heck even a pen blank won't float its so hard and heavy !
 
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
  • #11
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
  • #12
I caught a guy cutting an illegal green oak in the woods today, my truck is white like the forest Service and he ran like heck when he saw me, left the tree I took it (which is legal if you find one down ) it had some nice burls on it, to bad they are green.
 
I caught a guy cutting an illegal green oak in the woods today, my truck is white like the forest Service and he ran like heck when he saw me, left the tree I took it (which is legal if you find one down ) it had some nice burls on it, to bad they are green.
There are some pretty simple kiln setups I’ve seen to speed the process along and prevent splits
 
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
  • #14
Not in my budget my friend unless I can home make one, and I've no idea how.
 
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
  • #16
No Desert here my friend ! I live at 8,200 ft in elevation in a national forest in Northern Arizona in the White Mountains, got up this morning to -8.
I live at the foot of Escudilla mountain 10,995' high.
 
Last edited:
Back
Top