Spalted Palo Verde Bowl

Nubsnstubs

Where is it???
Reaction score
First name
Jerry
Would you please post a picture of the Chuck Plate you mentioned. Thanks! Chuck

Here is what it will allow you to do. I have to do things like this because I need to know what the CP is capable of doing.

What this shows is how I mounted this piece of natural edge Aleppo Pine. This was actually done at the Tucson Woodcraft store on a demo day. I had a choice of several pieces from this to a flat piece. Of course, my inquiring mind wouldn't let me choose any other piece than the one that looks impossible to get mounted and leave the top as natural. All I did was turn a tenon on it and I still look at it every now and then wondering if i should finally start and finish it, but other things in life seem to interfere.
As you can see, only 2, possibly a third one might be touching, are holding it between centers.
20200222_154803.jpg

This picture is at the tailstock of course, but it's being held on with my Nose Ring. Together with the CP and NR, I haven't even come close to losing a piece yet. All total using that method, I've probably done over a couple hundred pieces from flat to mostly natural edges like this one seen. It was made because just about any piece of wood cut in log form and mounted to a tailstock usually has an angle that needs to be flatted before it can be mounted. With the NR, it's not necessary.
20200222_154810.jpg

this pic just shows the 2-3? screws holding this piece on .
20200222_154840.jpg

Now, it's a known fact that anything a human does is dangerous, even getting out of bed to start your day, or night. Tools make it that much more dangerous. I believe if you use common sense, you can do things that look dangerous but are almost safe without getting hurt. When I did this, I was well aware that it could fly at any time, but it held like it was supposed to.

I also use it when I remove the tenons. I drill holes in MDF to match only 5 of them, remove the others, and then match up the rim to the groove to hold it in place for tenon removal.

This is a link to my website. It will show the CP in it's entirety
file:///Users/owner/Desktop/Chuck-plate%20|%20Tucson%20|%20WoodTurners%20WorkHolding%20Solutions.html

............ Jerry (in Tucson)

Turnedaround

Reaction score
First name
Robert
That’s way cool I am new to turning and have several logs /roots that I’ve been saving because I did not want to cut in section and ruin, do you sell these ? I’m heading to your webpage now

Nubsnstubs

Where is it???
Reaction score
First name
Jerry
That’s way cool I am new to turning and have several logs /roots that I’ve been saving because I did not want to cut in section and ruin, do you sell these ? I’m heading to your webpage now
Sure thing, Robert. Info is on my website. ............. Jerry (in Tucson)