Suggestions...not sympathy

Gdurfey

Reaction score
First name
Garry
Shane, I hit the sincere, but really wanted to hit the laugh!!!!! Laughing with you, you really went through the wringer with so many ups and downs. That had to stink getting your bags packed and then nearly hitting the floor. As I have a nurse for a wife, they hate picking folks up off the floor!!! You are one heck of a guy and, well, just glad you are back with us!! One heck of an adventure to say the least. I do hope you heal out of the pacemaker, but gee, given other alternatives that ain't so bad in the long run. Just don't let the batteries go dead.

Thanks for sharing...…...okay, can't help it. That is one heck of a way to get someone to help you set up your shop. Did you really not trust your WB friends to come over and help that you had to go and get all of this attention?? Really??? Welcome back.

trc65

Reaction score
First name
Tim
Great to hear you are on the downhill side of this! Hope everything continues smoothly and you can get rid of the pacemaker.

With my Mom, we went through a lot of craziness as well with her valve surgeries - but I wasn't going to mention anything until you were done with yours!

After first surgery, she was laying in ICU and the batteries on heart sensor that was implanted went dead and the defibrillator that was implanted shocked her heart out of rhythm. Prepping her for the second surgery, a resident tried to put in a central line and blew through, resulting in dual chest tubes, three days in the hospital, and a wait of two months to heal before they could try again. Finally went back for the second surgery, laying in pre-op while patient after patient went before her and the surgeon comes in and says someone forgot to order the correct blood, but don't worry, it's on the way. Eight hours later they had the blood, and started surgery. Everything went fine, and Mom is doing great at 84, eleven years later!

Graybeard

Reaction score
First name
David
Holy crap, what an adventure. Glad you had a good team and a supportive family. Humor goes a long way. God's speed in your continued recovery. BTW a by product of your adventure are some great video suggestions. Thanks for that.

woodtickgreg

scroll, flat, spin
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
Founding Member
Forum Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Greg
Wow talk about a rollercoaster ride of recovery. Glad to see you back and hear that your doing so much better.

Bigg081

Connoisseur of Man Glitter
Reaction score
First name
Shane
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I’m a lucky man to have the support team I do. You guys are a great extension of that as well.
My shop is really coming too! Little more organizing and it will be 100%. I will post some pictures of the shop soon.

Bigg081

Connoisseur of Man Glitter
Reaction score
First name
Shane
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Geez, I need to expand my forum reading.
Glad you came through all that. Wondered why hadn't seen much from you.
Thank you.
Most recent update is that I got a full release from my doctor. I don’t even have to do normal cardiac rehab. I’ve been back in the gym for four days. Feeling super sore but nothing out of the normal.
Great to be getting back to my version of normal.