Sunrise & Sunset Shots . . . .

Eric Rorabaugh

Staff member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Eric
This is at 0700 this morning. Smoky! Been this way for 2 days now. Can't smell it but you cam see it. My phone takes sucky pictures

20210721_065608.jpg

trc65

Reaction score
First name
Tim
Where is that smoke coming from?? ............... Jerry (in Tucson)
All the fires in the northwest US and Canada. We always get haze when it's burning out west, but didn't realize the smoke was all the way to the east coast.

Weatherman last night said the smoke layer is 5-6 miles in altitude as it travels across he US.

Very seldom can you actually smell the smoke, but when it gets really bad out west and the weather patterns are exactly right, you can.

Nubsnstubs

Where is it???
Reaction score
First name
Jerry
All the fires in the northwest US and Canada. We always get haze when it's burning out west, but didn't realize the smoke was all the way to the east coast.

Weatherman last night said the smoke layer is 5-6 miles in altitude as it travels across he US.

Very seldom can you actually smell the smoke, but when it gets really bad out west and the weather patterns are exactly right, you can.
After I asked that question, two minutes later I was on MSN homepage and there was the headline, Western fires smoke hits NYC. That's not exactly how it was worded, but that's how I read it..... Jerry (in Tucson)

djg

Reaction score
First name
Dan
This is a sunrise from 2 years ago during duck season. I'm having a 3' x 4' poster made. I'll mount it on Luan board and make a frame for it. Then my duck mounts will hang in front of it.
IMG_0302.JPG

djg

Reaction score
First name
Dan
Ducks or no ducks, you came home with a prize from that hunt.
Yes that's true. Some days are real slow, but it's nice to out there still doing it and enjoying the outdoors. That particular day, I only harvested one duck.