• A New Photo Gallery Has Been Added!!! Please share pictures of your finished projects in the New Photo Gallery for everyone to enjoy browsing. The New Photo Gallery is for FINISHED PROJECTS ONLY!! The New Photo Gallery section was created to give people a place to view photos without having to read through all the threads. Enjoy everyone and please contribute!

Swat 2021

Tony

Hardwood Enthusiast
Staff member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Tony
Y'all need to pick a better time of year to host this thing. Might entice more northerners to attend if it wasn't at the height of summer and would be like walking in an oven. Some of us don't do well in temps over about 70 to 75!!! Maybe January would be a better time of year!
Y'all Yankees can do whatever you want in January, we're staying home!!

Nubsnstubs

Where is it???
Reaction score
First name
Jerry
Y'all need to pick a better time of year to host this thing. Might entice more northerners to attend if it wasn't at the height of summer and would be like walking in an oven. Some of us don't do well in temps over about 70 to 75!!! Maybe January would be a better time of year!
On the other hand, Sprung, there are those of us that live in that oven that wood freeze their butts off in January. April or October would be Ideal. ...... Jerry (in Tucson)

guylaizure

Reaction score
First name
Guy
I fly down there from Michigan .I walk quickly from air conditioned hotel room, car and conference center so I don't melt.

Mr. Peet

Reaction score
First name
Mark
School goes back the 25th on the proposed schedule, so that kills that idea for me. Was hoping for an after Labor Day start as done last year.

Tony

Hardwood Enthusiast
Staff member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Tony
School goes back the 25th on the proposed schedule, so that kills that idea for me. Was hoping for an after Labor Day start as done last year.
It is always the last weekend in August.

Jolie0708

Reaction score
First name
Jolie
What time do they start each day?(doors open) And when does it end(time)? I've looked for time but haven't found one. Trying to figure out if husband can attend, he works 200am-1030am.
Current wacko ...I mean Waco temp...
95deg....Feels like temp: 106deg.... im melting.....🤣🥵🥵

Last edited:

guylaizure

Reaction score
First name
Guy
Friday first rotation starts at 10:30.Saturday and Sunday start at 8am.Go to Swaturners.org and click on Swat rotation schedule located in the middle of the page for the current schedule

Tony

Hardwood Enthusiast
Staff member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Tony
What time do they start each day?(doors open) And when does it end(time)? I've looked for time but haven't found one. Trying to figure out if husband can attend, he works 200am-1030am.
Current wacko ...I mean Waco temp...
95deg....Feels like temp: 106deg.... im melting.....🤣🥵🥵
I believe it's open 8-5 Friday and Saturday. Sunday I believe it's only until 1 or 2.

Jolie0708

Reaction score
First name
Jolie
Do any of yall go to the banquet? Don't know what it's like so didn't know if worth it or not. Thanks so much for the info guys!

guylaizure

Reaction score
First name
Guy
The banquet dinner food is good.It is convenient that you can be at the symposium all day and not have to drive to get dinner.Plus you get to hang out with fellow turners.

Jolie0708

Reaction score
First name
Jolie
Hubs and I will be there the 3 days. Can't wait to meet some of yall. Who's all goin that they know of?