Take a long time to get the job done.

Ray D

Reaction score
First name
Ray
That's pretty cool. A buddy of mine found one in his grandfather barn. Had to look it up to see what it was.

rocky1

Creator of Shavings and Sawdust!
Reaction score
First name
Rocky
Not sure what he doesn't have right in that set up, but it sure looks scary! :scare3:

rocky1

Creator of Shavings and Sawdust!
Reaction score
First name
Rocky
If you chase other video links on that type of saw on You Tube, I think he has it set up wrong honestly. All the others have the saw running parallel to the frame, not perpendicular, the end of the frame is in the dirt on the motor end, and resting on the log on the other end. That set up seems at least somewhat stable. That wore out wheel he has flopping around under there, and the frame not resting on anything solid just really doesn't seem to work well in my opinion.

All of them seem terribly under powered in the videos, but by the same respect, not one of the saws appears to have been sharpened anytime recently. Thus I wonder if they wouldn't work a little better if the saw was properly sharpened. There was one I watched that defied reason, the connecting rod on the crank was external. Apparently the operator was supposed to manually oil it occasionally.

Looks like something one might find in Colin's backyard at any rate!

FLQuacker

Reaction score
First name
Wayne
I think its setup right..the problem is what he's trying to saw is way too small.

Those were designed for big heavy logs where the machine could be anchored to it (log) and not move.

Hell, a real logger could buck that with 3 fells of an ax

wade

Work with Your Brain, Hands, and Heart = Artist.
Reaction score
First name
Wade
Looks like an extremely efficient method to sawing your toes off. In a Jiffy....