taking pics of wood

wood-junkie

Reaction score
I guess this as good a place as another for "fyi" Two pics one shot in bright sun, the other in subdued light. If you did't have an a/b comparison you might say the subdued looks ok. Taking pics of wood is about the angle of the camera to the angle of the subject, kinda like shooting pool.
This was big walnut stump I slabbed, 2/3's of the top underground. One word of caution bright sun can be your friend or worst enemy.

walnut coffee 3.jpg

walnut top sun.jpg

wood-junkie

Reaction score
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
bigcouger said:
wood-junkie said:
I guess this as good a place as another for "fyi" Two pics one shot in bright sun, the other in subdued light. If you did't have an a/b comparison you might say the subdued looks ok. Taking pics of wood is about the angle of the camera to the angle of the subject, kinda like shooting pool.
This was big walnut stump I slabbed, 2/3's of the top underground. One word of caution bright sun can be your friend or worst enemy.

Thats the kind of walnut Im looking for do do the next eagle do you have some for trade

I am not sure of the scale, give me some dimensions. Amazing! It is clear that you know how to paint with light. Good job.

wood-junkie

Reaction score
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
bigcouger said:
wood-junkie said:

Thats the kind of walnut Im looking for do do the next eagle do you have some for trade

I am not sure of the scale, give me some dimensions. Amazing! It is clear that you know how to paint with light. Good job.