Thought I'd do another model

El Guapo

Reaction score
First name
Andrew
Seriously, Kenbo, your skills and attention to detail are incredibly impressive. I can’t imagine there are too many people on the planet who could do what you are able to do.

DLJeffs

Reaction score
First name
Doug
Hey Ken - have you ever built boat replicas? I think you're next project should be an exact replica of Hemingway's "Pilar", complete with all his personal modifications.

Gdurfey

Reaction score
First name
Garry
One of those pictures makes it look huge. Great job and very inspirational!!!! Not for me…. But inspirational.

Kenbo

Self proclaimed expert of nothing
Staff member
Global Moderator
Founding Member
Forum Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Ken
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Hey Ken - have you ever built boat replicas? I think you're next project should be an exact replica of Hemingway's "Pilar", complete with all his personal modifications.
I built a boat years ago. It was called the Karma. I can't remember if I put the build here on the forum or not but I also did a dingy build a while back as well. I love building boats and I like your idea. Doesn't mean that I'll do it, just means that I like it. LOL.

ebill

Reaction score
First name
Bill
- like a lot of others, I have been following this build since it started. Impressed does not accurately describe my thoughts on this one.

- I was pondering the consumption of 130 hrs <well spent> but then got to thinking about how many actual pieces you actually made/crafted to complete this digger in the detail that shows.

- I am amazed, but also applauding loudly, remotely!

- ebill

djg

Reaction score
First name
Dan
I've seen this thread for a while and every time I thought "You Lucky B@$stard!" :lol2: . I had time today, so I thought I'd open it up "to see what she looked like?"😀. I read through the whole thread and all I can say is you're very talented ... and patient. Wow!

Johnturner

Proud Member
Reaction score
First name
John
Ken
As always an excellent build! Do you do your builds to scale? If yes what is the scale. Are the past builds built so they are "right" in relation to each other? As stated above - amazing detail.
John

Kenbo

Self proclaimed expert of nothing
Staff member
Global Moderator
Founding Member
Forum Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Ken
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Ken
As always an excellent build! Do you do your builds to scale? If yes what is the scale. Are the past builds built so they are "right" in relation to each other? As stated above - amazing detail.
John
These models are not designed by me John. The add-ons and accessories are and for the most part, I just wing it, trying to keep them in scale with the model. The only one I really scaled was when I did the replica of my own Jeep where I was actually measuring parts on the truck and scaling them down. Unfortunately though, I can't remember what scale I used. Most of the models are on scale with each other and look great displayed together. None of them look out of place.