Vermont Maple Syrup

sprucegum

Reaction score
First name
Dave
This post is in response to the interest by some members in purchasing some of our syrup. Thanks to all of you for the interest in and kind comments about my sugar makers blog. I had no idea it would be so well received, I look forward to checking daily for comments. I hope to post some more pictures as the season goes on.
The grades available now are Amber Rich (my favorite) which has a nice light amber color with a nice rich maple flavor , and also a little Dark Amber which is darker in color and has a stronger maple flavor, I am hoping that we make some Light amber today this will be very light color with a very delicate maple flavor.
I will use 1/2 gallon containers for shipping because 2 of them fit in a LFRB $25/ half gallon plus $17 shipping (for one or 2). I am gouging you guys a buck twenty on shipping to make up for what the gougers at pay pal take.
For now I am going to offer only 10 gallons for sale because we have a local demand that must be met and the season may turn against us at any time. When the totals are in I may offer more. The following list of members have expressed interest and are covered for up to a gallon each.
  1. DKMD 1/2 light 1/2 rich
  2. Tick 1/2 gallon rich
  3. Kevin 1/2 light 1/2 rich
  4. Mike1950 1/2 light 1/2 rich
  5. NYWoodturner 1/2 rich
  6. Barry Richardson 1/2 dark 1/2 rich
  7. shadetree_1 1/2 light 1/2 rich
  8. Cody Killgore 1/2 light 1/2 rich
  9. mja979 1/2 light 1/2 rich
  10. Foot Patrol 1/2 light 1/2 rich
  11. Bean_counter 1/2 light 1/2 rich

20010101_27.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:

Mike1950

Founding Member
Founding Member
Reaction score
First name
Mike
Dave thanks for you effort here. Also thanks for the sugar blog- I will look at my syrup in a whole different way in the future.
If possible I would like 1/2 on your recommendation of the Amber Rich and 1/2 of Amber light. And if that is too much trouble I will just take what is in the box. :yipee::rofl::drinks:

DKMD

Sawbones
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
Forum Moderator
Reaction score
First name
David
I'm game for a 1/2 and 1/2 box as well, but I'm fine waiting until you're sure you can meet your local obligations.

Thanks for offering this stuff here!

Now I've got to figure out how to hide the syrup from my wife and kids... I need Kenbo's in shop cooktop setup!

Mike1950

Founding Member
Founding Member
Reaction score
First name
Mike
I'm game for a 1/2 and 1/2 box as well, but I'm fine waiting until you're sure you can meet your local obligations.

Thanks for offering this stuff here!

Now I've got to figure out how to hide the syrup from my wife and kids... I need Kenbo's in shop cooktop setup!

David- Just have it sent to me- I will hide where no one will find it..................:yipee::gotmywood:

barry richardson

Staff member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Barry
Dave, I would like 1/2 of dark amber, and 1/2 of amber rich if possible, or whatever you have left when you get down the list to my name...

DKMD

Sawbones
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
Forum Moderator
Reaction score
First name
David
David- Just have it sent to me- I will hide where no one will find it..................:yipee::gotmywood:

Like under your lathe? Of course, you'd never find it there either...:sofa:

Kevin

Wood is good.
Reaction score
First name
Kevin
Dave, thanks for doing this - I know you can sell it all locally so many thanks for your generosity. I think I'll go for two halfs of the amber light. Let me know when to shoot you the loot.

:thanx2:

sprucegum

Reaction score
First name
Dave
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
When do we pay you?
I will pm everyone when I have it ready to ship, we will be boiling later today and I am sure tomorrow so I plan to get some 1/2 gallons of the appropriate grades canned and try to do the packaging tues. I don't like to take money for something I am not ready to put in the mail same day. Hopefully I can make one trip to the PO with all of it.

sprucegum

Reaction score
First name
Dave
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I am going to just keep editing the handy dandy list Kevin made for me ( I pasted it into the first post in this thread). Tell me iffin I got your order in wrong. When and if I get to 10 gallons I am sold out until the final tally for the year is in.

Foot Patrol

ABS Apprentice BladeSmith
Reaction score
First name
Scott
I would like a 1/2 gallon of Dark and 1/2 gallon of Amber Rich should you still have more to ship.

Scott

Kevin

Wood is good.
Reaction score
First name
Kevin
I am not trying to run Dave's thread for him just help him out since he is snowed under - or maybe mudded down is a better term now but Greg have you said what and how much you want yet?

@woodtickgreg

Kevin

Wood is good.
Reaction score
First name
Kevin
@sprucegum Dave my wife said for us to get one of each so I have edited our order. Also been adding the others for you.

woodtickgreg

scroll, flat, spin
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
Founding Member
Forum Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Greg
I am not trying to run Dave's thread for him just help him out since he is snowed under - or maybe mudded down is a better term now but Greg have you said what and how much you want yet?

@woodtickgreg
1/2 gallon of amber rich. I think I asked for a 1/2 gallon in a different post but I did not specify what type. Thanks for asking Kev.