What music are you listening to NOW?

Currently listening to Dream Theater..."Dream Theater" cd! Released Sept. 26, 2013. For all those who don't know...Dream Theater is one of the greatest progressive rock bands ever, at least IMO!

DT1.webp
www.dreamtheater.net

CHECK OUT, "Through The Looking Glass"
 
Last edited:
Currently listening to Dream Theater..."Dream Theater" cd! Released Sept. 26, 2013. For all those who don't know...Dream Theater is one of the greatest progressive rock bands ever, at least IMO!

View attachment 58167
www.dreamtheater.net

CHECK OUT, "Through The Looking Glass"
Very nice. I have not heard of them before... New group? Like the guitarist.
 
Dream Theater has been around for more than 25 years with 14 cd's or more! John Petrucci: Guitars John Myung: Bassist extrodinaire Jordan Rudess: Keyboard Wizard Mike Mangini: Drums-1241 beats/min James Labrie: Vocals.

If you like Rush, Queensrych, Rainbow...etc, you will love these guys. They're all from around Long Island, NY. Petrucci and Myung grew up childhood friends and attended Berkley School of music, Long Island. Rudess is a Juliart School of music grad, Mangini drum/percussion prof. from Berkley, and Labrie is from Toronto. they have quit a history. I have followed them since 1999, and to me they are the greatest!
 
Scott can't believe you haven't heard of them. Awesome group.
 
Check this out, Watch Dream Theater "Pull Me Under" on youtube, then watch Team Red Sheep's version of "Pull Me Under". They're KIDS, the little girl doing vocals is incredible. Team Red Sheep also does a version of Tool's "46 and 2". These kids rock.
Dee
 
Dee post the videos here. That's what the thread is for. No one is going to go looking for them.
 
Dee you asked me how to post YT videos. All you have to do is highlight and copy the string of code that is in the url right here . . .

yt string.webp


Then paste it in your text window. Make sure you put it on it's own line not beside your text or it will all scrunch together. Once pasted the software automatically takes it from there . . . .



Looking at this string, sometimes you'll get code that YT embeds all kinds of trash in there for ads and stuff. It always starts with an ampersand "&" The ONLY code you ever want to copy is the string before the ampersand as shown between the green arrows . . . .

yt string2.webp
 
The guitarist and drummer are pretty good but I just can't wrap my ears around it.
 
Rain just started pelting my shop roof a few minutes ago but there are no clouds above me . . . just off to the side quite far too, which means a lot straight line winds up high and then the rain hitting this low pressure hole I am in right now and dropping on top of me. Of course I want to hear CCR Have You Ever Seen The Rain every time this happens, and it happens in Texas a lot in the summer.

I've never got into Rod Stewart although I like a few of his old songs like Maggie May and First Cut Is The Deepest. But when I went looking for CCR this Rod Stewart version popped up. I never heard it before. Rod is no John Fohgerty but this version is worth a listen. I was pretty impressed with how he kept the overall feel of the song yet was also able to put his own stamp on it. Very well done IMO.


 
Team Red Sheeps version of Tool...46 and 2...


The little girl has quite amazing vocals and the bassist rocks!
 
Last edited:
Ah, looks like Team Red has some competition eh? Well here's one back at ya...Team Red Sheep's version of Dream Theater's "Pull Me Under".

 
Team Red Sheeps version of Tool...46 and 2...


The little girl has quite amazing vocals and the bassist rocks!


Thats pretty amazing. I want to show that to all the adults at work that say "I don't know how to do that"... A lesson in trying and putting your best effort forward....:good2:
 
@dee they both are the pretty much the same band. They are a rock school band, different singers and and musicians rotate songs. The guy who records em is named Aaron Okeefe, ( http://aaronokeefe.com/ )
 
Back
Top