What music are you listening to NOW?

Rip have you finally discovered Kansas? Took you long enough lol. They're all bad ass musicians. Regardless of the handful of commercial hits they had, most of their best stuff was never heard on the airwaves.
 
More like re-discovering. I have a couple of albums on tapedeck and 45's but that's as far as I got...80's hair metal pulled me away back then...now I have lots of time on my hands so I'm going through all my old stuff and downloading everything I can...
 
Marc one of my favorite bands of all time only had two USA commercial successes ... Radar Love and Twilight Zone. They had several Euro hits. Unless I am mistaken I believe they reign as the longest active rock band of all time. The Stones began in 1962 but GE began the year before them in 1961 and have never missed a year of either releasing a new album or touring. I have never been a Stones fan. I do like about half a dozen of theirs songs. I like about 10 dozen of GE songs or more. I haven't played these two in a while (I have played quite a few in this thread) so in case you missed any just compare te actual musicianship of these two songs to anything the HIGHLY OVERRATED Rolling Stones could ever match only in their best LSD tripping dreams . . . . .

 
I'm with ya on the stones...not a big fan. But they have some...some...good tunes.
Golden Earing is now next on the list....
 
Ted Nugent on Golden Earring:

Well Golden Earring reminded me of Motown.
Golden Earing is now next on the list....

It will take a LONG time to really appreciate their body of work. IMO they are one of the best bands of all time. This is one very small sliver. It has some foreign language but you'll get the gist . . .

 
I like Richie Havens ... I've posted him here before. Was sorry to see him go a coupla years ago.

Happy 46th (if my math is right) birthday Woodstock. We were living in Japan when it went down and me and my sis snuck into the movie when it came out the next year and got in big trouble. We were in to the Beatles mostly but woodstock fascinated us. I thought it was cool because I got to see bare boobies!
 
I was a little kid when he died and I remember wondering what the big deal was. Tony

had just graduated HS a couple of months before August 16th, 1977. I was still a kid too but thought I was a man lol. But it was a big deal when it happened.
 

I found another band I never heard before...

Sweet. I never new when Metallica did this as a B side single it was a cover. I just looked it up and they covered it just 4 years after Diamond head released it. I had the Metallica single but I acquired it long after it was originally released. I was only 10 when they released that single.
 
Dude. That. Is. Bad. Ass!
I've admired Simon Phillips' work for decades, but I have not heard of the other two. I was glued to the tube the whole time thanks for posting that Marc. Right down my alley.
:good2:
 
Back
Top