What music are you listening to NOW?

My only disappointment with Classic FM is that they are unlikely to play a piece of music you've never heard before. I understand why -- ratings, advertisers, etc. -- but it would be nice to occasionally hear something by one of the composers out of the mainstream. Other than that minor thing, I really enjoy it -- and their 'station ID jingle' is great :cool:
 
Yep, terribly tuff to find a good station anymore , this new country music just don't cut it , talk shows around here all political. ........bout like going to a stockyard full of cattle with mad cow disease but ya gotta pic one .........so I sing out in the shop..........oooop there it goes ......oooop there it goes.....sing along now
 
My only disappointment with Classic FM is that they are unlikely to play a piece of music you've never heard before. I understand why -- ratings, advertisers, etc. -- but it would be nice to occasionally hear something by one of the composers out of the mainstream.

Well if you find that let me know. They do play one every now and again I am not familiar with but for the most part I agree it's all top 25ish most known composers.

and their 'station ID jingle' is great :cool:

I agree - it's the best. One of a very few that doesn't get old eventually.
 
this new country music just don't cut it

That's the truth. It's not even country in my book. Horrible stuff most of it. I don't listen to country often but when I do it's got to be George Jones, Conway, Marty Robbins, Dwight, Jon Anderson, Johnny Horton, Hank (both), Merle, Waylon, Willie, Loretta, Tammy, Johnny, Dolly, you know - the real stuff.
 
... let me know ...

WCRB (Classical Radio Boston) is quite good -- owned by WGBH (the NPR station up here). A lot of the usual, but just listened to a piece by Gabriel Faure. The do broadcasts of the Boston Symphony, so if they're getting adventuresome you can get a fun piece.

Streaming link

Home page link
 
WCRB (Classical Radio Boston) is quite good -- owned by WGBH (the NPR station up here). A lot of the usual, but just listened to a piece by Gabriel Faure. The do broadcasts of the Boston Symphony, so if they're getting adventuresome you can get a fun piece.

Streaming link

Home page link


@duncsuss I've been listening to WCRB all yesterday and today in my shop. You are correct they have a great variety. I was not familiar with Pierre van Maldere believe it or not. I looked at a couple of topp 100 composers of all time (always subjective I realize) and he was not listed on either, but the compositions are fantastic. I probably covered him in music history at university but I don't recall him.

I will stil listen to classic fm but I think WCRB might be my primary classical fix now. Thanks for the link.
 
One thing I noticed though is that the playlist is not consistently showing on the stream player and does not seem accurate on the homepage.
 
I was not familiar with Pierre van Maldere believe it or not
I've never heard of him either -- glad you're enjoying WCRB :hi3:

(also the station text that's displayed on my in-car audio screen is nearly always wrong, so if I don't hear the end of a piece and the announcer say what just played, the chances are high that I'll never find out)
 
Last edited:
@duncsuss I have mentioned this before but I'm sure it flies under the radar of most members with all the other posts, but I listen primarily to talk shows (not political ones they suck) and Classic FM out of London in my shop. They always play the best Christmas music every year too. I love the station. Even the British commercials are tolerable. Everything about the station is soothing to the soul.

For anyone that wants to listen, you might get a pop up telling you that you can't listen outside of the country, but that if you live there just enter your postal code. I just always use #10 Downing street's code which is SW1 2AA (have it memorized).

http://www.classicfm.com/radio/player/


Interesting .....I like it...thanks for the zipcode too.
 
Sure it will . . .

 
Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks man. Idk it wouldn't for me. Maybe cuz it was on the phone? :whatever:
 
Thanks man. Idk it wouldn't for me. Maybe cuz it was on the phone? :whatever:

No man the string is not an embed code like 99% of the YT url's are sometimes you have to go around it and actually use the media link with just the YT specific video code. Click Edit on my post and you will see what I mean.
 
Back
Top