What music are you listening to NOW?

I just found out this morning that Todd Rundgren is coming to the Granada Theater in Dallas Jan 20th - a cool venue for shows but it sold out immediately I guess. There's still GA tickets standing but forget that. All the seats are sold out. We would have gone to see him for sure. We saw Bruce Hornsby there and that was one of the best concerts I've been to. Lota people don't realize what a fantastic show Hornsbly puts on because they only think of his couple pop hits but the guy is a freak on the piano and has a ton of stage prescence. And of course Todd Rundgren is a musical wizard, prodigy, magician whatever else you want to say. Damn wish we could have known earlier.
 
Marc I have T-bone Shorty playing in the shop this dude is badass - love this kind of jazz! This is more fusion than anything else - man this stuff is killer.........
 
Had @Sidecar do some electrical work at the office and now my office girls refer to him as Justin Biebler. I can assure you @Sidecar is not cute, young, or rich. I think they may have heard his cell phone ring tone. Just sayin!:shok:
 
Last edited:
Another great gone too soon.

He was one of my favorites. My wife had hardly heard any of his stuff when we married apart from the occasional hit she'd hear on the radio and she rarely listened to radio before she met me. He was one of the most versatile vocalists ever. There was no genre or style he couldn't sing and sing well. The media often overdoes the accolades when a big talent dies especially when they pass out the "true pioneer" title, but with Bowie it's true.
 
Yea this took me totally off guard, somehow I figured he was a guy who would live to a very old age, just spent a while listening to some of my favorites from him on youtube, they never get old. I think Station to Station was my favorite LP of his, but all of them till up into the 80s are gems IMO
 
I'm tempted to pick up his newest album, Interesting title when you consider he knew what was coming....
 
I'm tempted to pick up his newest album, Interesting title when you consider he knew what was coming....

I wasn't aware of it. Damn that's the strangest cover I have seen in a while. And you're right a lot of things can be read into it.
 
Back
Top