What music are you listening to NOW?

I believe it was in 76 when I seen them the first time. It was there 2112 tour. The tightness of the three of them just blew me away. I get in some heated debates about them being the best three piece band. Most folks from Texas seem to think zz top is the best lol. Now I do love me some zz but it's just a different style

Some of my buddies took me to see them in 1981 when they came through Dallas as a going-away present for me. I was heading off to boot camp. It was their Moving Pictures tour. That was a wild night. Funny thing is only one other beside me were Rush fans at the time but after the concert and from then on they all were.
 
Looks like you got a nose job since then. Also didn't know you were Australian. Also I think you're going a great job modding this forum considering you've been dead since 1998. :sarcastic2:
 
R.I.P Ronnie....


Perhaps the greatest southern rock band in all of history and one of the greatest bands of any kind ever.
 
In keeping with the Lynyrd Skynyrd theme today ....


I bet @steve bellinger knows the connection between the two bands ....
 
Florida-based Southern rock band Lynyrd Skynyrd when the band opened up for Strawberry Alarm Clock on a few shows in early 1968. It wasn't until 1972 that he joined Skynyrd, replacing Leon Wilkeson on bass, who left the band briefly. Wilkeson rejoined the band, and King switched to guitar, creating the triple-guitar attack that became a signature sound for the band.

His guitar playing and songwriting skills were an essential element to the band's first three albums: Pronounced Leh-Nerd Skin-Nerd, Second Helping, and Nuthin' Fancy. King co-wrote the Skynyrd hit song "Sweet Home Alabama" and it is his voice you can hear counting off the tune before launching into his famous Stratocaster riff. Other songs that King wrote or co-wrote the music for include "Poison Whiskey," "Saturday Night Special," "Mr. Banker," "Swamp Music," "Whiskey Rock-a-Roller,""Railroad Song," "I Need You" and "Workin' For MCA."

King decided to leave the band in 1975 during the "Torture Tour." He was replaced in 1976 by Steve Gaines, who was killed in a plane crash along with lead singer Ronnie Van Zant, and his sister Cassie Gaines. on October 20, 1977. Coincidentally, Gaines and King share the same birthdate.

King was one of the guitarists for the reunited Lynyrd Skynyrd in 1987, and played a major role in the reunited band. He was forced to leave Lynyrd Skynyrd again in 1996 due to congestive heart failure. He left on the understanding that he would rejoin once he regained his health, but the band did not allow him to rejoin.[citation needed]
 
Florida-based Southern rock band Lynyrd Skynyrd when the band opened up for Strawberry Alarm Clock on a few shows in early 1968. It wasn't until 1972 that he joined Skynyrd, replacing Leon Wilkeson on bass, who left the band briefly. Wilkeson rejoined the band, and King switched to guitar, creating the triple-guitar attack that became a signature sound for the band.

His guitar playing and songwriting skills were an essential element to the band's first three albums: Pronounced Leh-Nerd Skin-Nerd, Second Helping, and Nuthin' Fancy. King co-wrote the Skynyrd hit song "Sweet Home Alabama" and it is his voice you can hear counting off the tune before launching into his famous Stratocaster riff. Other songs that King wrote or co-wrote the music for include "Poison Whiskey," "Saturday Night Special," "Mr. Banker," "Swamp Music," "Whiskey Rock-a-Roller,""Railroad Song," "I Need You" and "Workin' For MCA."

King decided to leave the band in 1975 during the "Torture Tour." He was replaced in 1976 by Steve Gaines, who was killed in a plane crash along with lead singer Ronnie Van Zant, and his sister Cassie Gaines. on October 20, 1977. Coincidentally, Gaines and King share the same birthdate.

King was one of the guitarists for the reunited Lynyrd Skynyrd in 1987, and played a major role in the reunited band. He was forced to leave Lynyrd Skynyrd again in 1996 due to congestive heart failure. He left on the understanding that he would rejoin once he regained his health, but the band did not allow him to rejoin.[citation needed]

Yikes. Someone is using wikipedia as legitimate source material. (I've caught hell because of my disdain for wiki so just ignore me on that) And that doesn't even scratch the surface of the tentacles LS left in music history. I still discover things I didn't know. It's a fascinating study.
 
Actually Wikipedia is sometimes a great source for material. I know that is it popular to bash it, but if used as a tool, sometimes surprising results happen. I'm not advocating for the big W, but just giving them a much needed break. It's pretty cool to just type in a question then get a real treatment of facts, like what I posted. And how cool is it to be able to quote anything freely because of creative commons.

In this case, it served me well. Next time I could run into the BS factor.
 
Back
Top