Incredible. Musicologists could and no doubt do have a field day with their music. I wish I could have played as well as Pierre when I was drumming - man's got chops.
So much historical influence/cross-reference there like a fission stew, informed by the likes of Jethro Tull, to Skat which I have not heard in a long time, to Keith Jarret, to Windham Hill on steroids, complete with heavy metal imagery in the background via the image of the old locomotive. Amazing precision - cognitive dissonance, incoherent yet focused, following Van Leer's harnessed mania. Fascinating how he openly cues his musicians who willingly endeavor to create and sustain his vision.
Equally amazing is the number of incarnations this band has undergone.
Evidenced by this, thank goodness.
Great pick Kevin.
So much historical influence/cross-reference there like a fission stew, informed by the likes of Jethro Tull, to Skat which I have not heard in a long time, to Keith Jarret, to Windham Hill on steroids, complete with heavy metal imagery in the background via the image of the old locomotive. Amazing precision - cognitive dissonance, incoherent yet focused, following Van Leer's harnessed mania. Fascinating how he openly cues his musicians who willingly endeavor to create and sustain his vision.
Equally amazing is the number of incarnations this band has undergone.
Evidenced by this, thank goodness.
Great pick Kevin.