What music are you listening to NOW?

I always thought there should be 2 musical style rendition of this songs- pop rock ballad and country. I prefer the acoustic version from the original. But, as I grew older and the way this was constructed, I started to hear certain things in that it should have been in a “country” song format. Well, pick your speed and your style- either way you can’t go wrong because it is a really well written composed “love” song”.



 
George Strait - King George and I go way back. The Crystal Chandelier was a dance hall in New Braunfels, TX. On the left side of the poster you can find a Gordon and Candee Land and the Goolaks. Gordon and I went to high school together - so followed him around quite a bit.

1628689163083.webp
 
Every time I hear this 1994 Eagles song I can’t help but think just how much these words apply to the craziness of today.

 
Always liked him going way back to 2001 even though he is very monotone, he has a lot of feeling, rawness and truth when he sings- “It’s Been A While” & “What Hurts The Most” are 2 of his best works IMHO.
 
Always liked him going way back to 2001 even though he is very monotone, he has a lot of feeling, rawness and truth when he sings- “It’s Been A While” & “What Hurts The Most” are 2 of his best works IMHO.
I agree,I was a little surprised when he turned country.
 
kd lang's version of this is really good too.
@DLJeffs - that is a good version and a lot of artist has done their own rendition of it creating their own mood and feel for the song. I like his version best because how he utilized an “atmospheric effect” between the guitar sound/tone/effects/engineering with his wide range vocals to the meaningful lyrical content to make that song to be more “emotionally effective”. That is the difference between other renditions- I know what I just stated is very subjective. If you are an audiophile and a musician that enjoys the process in how a “song and sound” was created, it opens your ear to a more extended experience and a more enjoyable one if you can appreciate all the subtle nuances as well as substance that make that song much more memorable.

I have these two links if you want to dive into what I am referring too and it discusses how that sound envelope was developed using multiple reverbs, in stereo and how to get that overall sound/tone with effects with pedals and with an aide of the computer music software. The original engineer who mixed that album shows how it was done and the other is a popular guitarist shows how “close” you can get to that sound- the “essence” of it. He got fairly close, but there are so many variables in that chain- for one the guitar pickups he has does not have the same output as Jeff’s original tele pickups and we don’t know what amplifier(s) and speaker(s) he used. You have to listen to this content with a really good head set as oppose to blaring them out of your speakers if you want to catch the subtle nuances:


 
Last edited:
Back
Top