What's in the mail?

Tony

Hardwood Enthusiast
Staff member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Tony
Today I received a glue bot, some silicone glue brushes and spreaders, some fresh glue, and some cutting board feet. The feet are kinda small but this might actually be a good thing and not raise the cutting boards to high. And they came with stainless steel screws. An Amazon purchase.
View attachment 179056 Nail clipper for scale since I dont have a blue lighter.:sarcastic::nodice:
View attachment 179057

The glue brushes are great, you're going to love it!
I bought a Glu bot about a month ago, still haven't tried it yet though.

phinds

Staff member
Global Moderator
Founding Member
Forum Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Paul
Which one is the cork wood?
I'm guessing #23 since corkwood looks a lot like sycamore.

EDIT: well, nuts. Called that one after the fact, I see. Didn't read beyond Marc's question before answering.

Last edited:

ripjack13

ɹǝʇɹɐqpooʍ
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Marc
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
View attachment 178538
Just in from the UK! From my brief bit of shopping around, looks like that's the only place its made and sold from. Amazon sells it, but I still think it comes from the UK. Enywho, this is a two part epoxy putty, pretty much like JB Weld, but in a cool color, and machineable. I saw another turner mention it on line for inlay, and it got me curious, I plan to experiment with incorporating it with crushed turquoise to fill cracks, I'll let ya know how it goes....

I love the milliput epoxy. Like Tim said, leave it proud a little to sand it.
I can't wait to see what you do with it....

vegas urban lumber

Reaction score
First name
trev
About three months ago I won a guessing game over on the pen turners forum where I won $100 worth of wood blanks from George’s Bits of Timber. He is in Australia and shipping was not included. While it was going to cost me around $50 US to ship, I could not resist getting some cool Australian wood. Here is what came in the mail today. I added a picture of the packing list but let me know if there is a specific piece you want to know what it is.

View attachment 179061

View attachment 179062

View attachment 179063
the #57 spalted is the same schinus molle i've been cutting. i guess it's an invasive plant in Australia

woodtickgreg

scroll, flat, spin
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
Founding Member
Forum Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Greg
Can you buy just the extensions or does it all come together?
You can buy just the extensions but they only fit the large 12" Cole jaws, they wont fit the 10" like my old set. That's why I bought both to use on my new Laguna 1836.

trc65

Reaction score
First name
Tim
You guys are making me jealous!

One item on my bucket list is to make a Maloof style rocking chair. Already have a set of plans, just have to find the time and the right wood.

Tony

Hardwood Enthusiast
Staff member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Tony
You guys are making me jealous!

One item on my bucket list is to make a Maloof style rocking chair. Already have a set of plans, just have to find the time and the right wood.

My bucket list too! Greg and I have talked about meeting in Tennessee and taking a class from Charles Brock, he's generally recognized as the Go-To guy to learn it from since Sam is gone. Neither one of us has hit the lottery yet so no planned trip yet....

You're ahead of me, I haven't got the plans yet!

TimR

Sawdust Engineer
Reaction score
First name
Tim
I’ve been thinking about making a chair though a Maloof style may be a bit ambitious. John Campbell is a 30 minute drive, and offers these.