phinds

Staff member
Global Moderator
Founding Member
Forum Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Paul
Ah, scrap wood and duct tape would have done the same thing with your existing hose :smile:

Never forget about duct tape and wd40 !

woodtickgreg

scroll, flat, spin
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
Founding Member
Forum Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Greg
I'm done with that scenario, lol. I want to be able to go from machine to machine with little effort.

Last edited:

Sprung

Amateur Sawdust Maker
Reaction score
First name
Matt
Last edited:

woodtickgreg

scroll, flat, spin
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
Founding Member
Forum Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Greg
Got some goodies today. Hook and loop disc for the disc sander, roundover bit set that I found cheap on Ebay, and a big ole honking table edge bit. This thing is 2 1/2" in diameter, going to have to slow that thing way down and take lots of passes.
20200427_141932.jpg 20200427_142039.jpg

woodtickgreg

scroll, flat, spin
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
Founding Member
Forum Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Greg
Today I recieved from @Tony a cool little seam ripper kit, some assembly required, lol. We had a conversation awhile ago and he offered to send me a finished one, I said what's the fun in that! I wanna make one, so.........thanks brother!
20200501_150634.jpg and I also got a Rockler order. Some hardware, some dust collection, and some parts for a future project for Betty.
20200501_150738.jpg

Tony

Hardwood Enthusiast
Staff member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Tony
Today I recieved from @Tony a cool little seam ripper kit, some assembly required, lol. We had a conversation awhile ago and he offered to send me a finished one, I said what's the fun in that! I wanna make one, so.........thanks brother!
View attachment 186337 and I also got a Rockler order. Some hardware, some dust collection, and some parts for a future project for Betty.
View attachment 186338

There are 2 kits in case you mess one up! :sarcastic:

William Tanner

Reaction score
First name
Bill
Another package today. The mail truck stopped in front of our house instead of at the mail box. I walked out to save the carrier a trip to the porch. She handed me the box box in this condition. I said that it looks like it has already been opened. She shrugged and drove off. It contained cleaning products for the wife. If it had contained whisky the box would have been empty.

Opened package.jpeg

woodtickgreg

scroll, flat, spin
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
Founding Member
Forum Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Greg
The USPS sucks, cant tell you how many packages I get in that condition.

Eric Rorabaugh

Staff member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Eric
Must be y'alls area. I've only had one that was crushed a little but no damage really. Hopefully I didn't speak too soon

Mr. Peet

Reaction score
First name
Mark
Another package today. The mail truck stopped in front of our house instead of at the mail box. I walked out to save the carrier a trip to the porch. She handed me the box box in this condition. I said that it looks like it has already been opened. She shrugged and drove off. It contained cleaning products for the wife. If it had contained whisky the box would have been empty.

View attachment 186432

That is why I wrap some tape on all sides, often just centers, but rather be safe.... Sent a box 180 miles flat rate, 2 day shipping. Took longer, shipped on Monday, arrived following Monday. Amazon is really frustrating carriers in our area.

Was anything missing?

woodtickgreg

scroll, flat, spin
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
Founding Member
Forum Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Greg
Must be y'alls area. I've only had one that was crushed a little but no damage really. Hopefully I didn't speak too soon
I got a box from you once and it was destroyed by the USPS. Remember that?

Eric Rorabaugh

Staff member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Eric
Gotta be up that way. Every box but one has been good. Y'all need to treat your mail people better!!!

Sprung

Amateur Sawdust Maker
Reaction score
First name
Matt
Ugh. Today the blind bearing puller set that I'd ordered - and waited nearly two weeks to get here - arrived. The bearing that I needed it to remove has an ID of 10mm. The blind bearing puller was listed as 10mm as the smallest size it could work with. Ok, that works. Got it today. Nope! Nowhere close! I could tell when I opened it up that it wouldn't work. Measured it. Smallest collet/claw set/whatever you want to call it measured at 13mm. Huge difference!

And I still can't start putting my RAS back together until I can get that bearing out...

Mr. Peet

Reaction score
First name
Mark
Ugh. Today the blind bearing puller set that I'd ordered - and waited nearly two weeks to get here - arrived. The bearing that I needed it to remove has an ID of 10mm. The blind bearing puller was listed as 10mm as the smallest size it could work with. Ok, that works. Got it today. Nope! Nowhere close! I could tell when I opened it up that it wouldn't work. Measured it. Smallest collet/claw set/whatever you want to call it measured at 13mm. Huge difference!

And I still can't start putting my RAS back together until I can get that bearing out...

Sometimes they list a size that just does not make sense, then when questioned, they say something like, " In order to pull a bearing that size, disassemble the puller and re-assemble within the bearing". Things that just don't happen or in many cases, Can't happen. To bad you lack a history in the area. Most of the machine shops around here would come to the house and pull the bearing for you at a small fee or some food. A few garages would just hand you the puller and say bring it back when you're done.

phinds

Staff member
Global Moderator
Founding Member
Forum Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Paul
When I need one I just go to Advanced Auto Parts. They loan out tools for free. I do all my auto parts shopping with them because of that.

Last edited: