What's in the mail?

Ray D

Reaction score
First name
Ray
This is a nalgene squeeze lab bottle. The good thing about these is that the tube is a molded part of the bottle, not an add on piece inside the bottle that attaches to the cap and always breaks. These are pricey though, I need to find a cheaper source for these.
View attachment 213770
The cap on my denatured alcohol can broke so I needed something to put it in.
View attachment 213771
I want to get a couple more of these squeeze bottles. This one is a 16oz, I think I want to get a 32oz as well.
I’ll check work Monday to see what brand we use. Ours are OSHA approved with all required labeling but they are very well made. Probably not cheap but ya never know. Edit that….US Plastics is where we purchased them.

Last edited:

woodtickgreg

scroll, flat, spin
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
Founding Member
Forum Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Greg
I’ll check work Monday to see what brand we use. Ours are OSHA approved with all required labeling but they are very well made. Probably not cheap but ya never know. Edit that….US Plastics is where we purchased them.
Thanks, us plastics has a great selection and better prices.

DLJeffs

Reaction score
First name
Doug
Finally got tired of the kitchen faucet. It got so we had to position the handle just right or it would drip. Replaced the innards before, tighten the collar, etc. So switching skill sets tomorrow and putting on my plumber hat.

faucet.jpg

DLJeffs

Reaction score
First name
Doug
Better the kitchen sink than the shower handles!
Hopefully their advertising is accurate. Supposedly they redesigned the cartridge and it's now two ceramic discs rather than the little rubber grommets and springs. "Guarenteed for Life" it says. We'll see. And you're absolutely right about the shower valves - if maintenance of those wasn't considered when they tiled or installed the shower, it's a real big job just to access the darn things.

2feathers Creative Making

Reaction score
First name
Frank
Hopefully their advertising is accurate. Supposedly they redesigned the cartridge and it's now two ceramic discs rather than the little rubber grommets and springs. "Guarenteed for Life" it says. We'll see. And you're absolutely right about the shower valves - if maintenance of those wasn't considered when they tiled or installed the shower, it's a real big job just to access the darn things.
They are certainly 2 ceramic discs. However the water seal is still rubber. You may , from time to time, need to re lubricate those. But we are talking 10 years or so...

woodtickgreg

scroll, flat, spin
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
Founding Member
Forum Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Greg
Wasn't in the mail to me but was shipped to woodcraft for me. I got the dado Insert for my laguna saw.
20210810_055740.jpg
20210810_055748.jpg
Wasn't supposed to be in off of backorder until the end of August.

woodtickgreg

scroll, flat, spin
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
Founding Member
Forum Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Greg
Thanks for the tip Ray! Much cheaper and their in Ohio so I got it in 2 days.
20210810_182832.jpg

Last edited:

woodtickgreg

scroll, flat, spin
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
Founding Member
Forum Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Greg
I have a project coming up where I'm going to be doing a lot of glue ups and lamination, so I figured I would get a silicone glue roller. I guess I should have paid more attention to the description as this thing is pretty tiny, lol. See the razor blade for reference.
20210810_182928.jpg

Tom Smart

Reaction score
First name
Tom
I have a project coming up where I'm going to be doing a lot of glue ups and lamination, so I figured I would get a silicone glue roller. I guess I should have paid more attention to the description as this thing is pretty tiny, lol. See the razor blade for reference.
View attachment 214086
I tried one of those too, Greg. Used once, almost. It never got to the end of the project. Went back to my silicone brush. An old credit card would be better for spreading glue.

DLJeffs

Reaction score
First name
Doug
This is a "what's NOT in my mail" today. Aug 4 - Ordered a double oven from Costco because ours crapped out. When I placed the order Costco put up a calendar with available delivery dates, I chose Aug 11. Received a confirmation email with Aug 11 as delivery. Aug 8 - received email, confirming order, confirming delivery Aug 11, with a set of instructions and installer details. Aug 9 - received confirming email with same info. Aug 10 - received confirming email, order was in transit and instructions for hauling away the old oven, and stating I would get an auto-generated call giving me a 2 hour window for delivery. Got that call - delivery Aug 11, between 9 - 11am. This morning at 10:46am some guy from Florida calls me asking how my order is. I told him it's supposed to be here within the next 15 minutes. He says let me check - computer keys click - then "Uh oh". I said what's uh-oh. He says your oven is still in transit, hasn't made it to the distribution warehouse yet. The next earliest delivery time is Aug 21. I said so it's not being delivered today - I already pulled out the old oven per your instructions. Kid says, sorry, I only see what's on my screen, I'm in Florida, nothing I can do. The kid finally says he'll request a force delivery of Aug 14 but that doesn't guarantee my oven will be delivered. It just puts a request in the system. I said let me talk to your boss. Wait, wait, finally Angela comes on and tells me the same as the kid. I said I understand you can't make my oven appear out of nowhere, but our purchase agreement states delivery on Aug 11, you confirmed it 5 times, and now I have no means to prepare meals. Costco needs to make this right. She says there's nothing she can do. I said I bet there's someone in Costco that can knock $500 off the cost of that oven. The phone goes silent. I get an email telling me of the force delivery request for Aug 14.

Call Costco customer service again, talk to Tyler. He checks computer, tells the me the same thing. I tell him the same thing. I say let me talk to your boss because someone in Costco can make this right. He says he'll see if someone is available. I wait, he comes back "Are you still there?" I say, yup.,still waiting. He says "Hold on". Wait. He comes back and says he talked to his supervisor and he says there's nothing they can do. I say I bet the CEO of Costco could do something, maybe I'll just email him this story. The phone goes silent.

So I do a little searching and find the email address for Costco execs and Board of Directors (annual reports, etc are public info). So I choose the NW Regional Exec Manager and write him, explaining the same as above. Costco and I had a contractual purchase agreement and Costco failed to uphold their end. Plus their customer service sucks. Within 10 minutes I get an email reply that he forwarded it to the two people in charge of that area and guaranteeing me someone will resolve the issue very soon. Sad we have to get exec managers to fix these things.

So about an hour ago I get a phone call from the installation people saying they received a notification from Costco to set up installation of my oven and what's my schedule like over the next 3 or 4 days. I laughed out loud. I had spoke to them last week, they didn't have any order from Costco to install my oven. After talking to them and Costco and said screw it, I'll install it myself, told Costco to refund the installation fee and they did. So I laughed, reminder her she and I had already talked. Besides, I said, no one knows where my ovens are so no one's doing any installing soon.

Then just a few minutes ago I get an email from Costco saying my oven will be delivered Aug 12. Funny thing is, the kid in Florida says the warehouse only delivers to my area on Wed and Sat. Aug 12 is Thurs. So we'll see what happens. Costco is quickly rising on my list of useless, worthless companies as Apple and Nike.

EDIT #1: Just got a call from Patrick at the warehouse. He says "I called you earlier. Left a message." I've had my phone on me all afternoon, no one has called me but the installation lady. He says he left someone a message. I said it wasn't me. Just checked - no voice mail. Anyway, this guy says he works in the warehouse and just went out and found my oven, put his hands on the crate. Doesn't know why it didn't get on the truck this morning. Paperwork said it was on the truck. So he said he has set up a special delivery to get it to me tomorrow. I said, that's funny, the kid in Florida said that warehouse only delivers in my area on Wed and Sat. He says, that's correct but he made special arrangements. So we'll see tomorrow. Funny how when you write to an executive manager your complaints suddenly stir up some action.

Last edited:

Ray D

Reaction score
First name
Ray
This is a "what's NOT in my mail" today. Aug 4 - Ordered a double oven from Costco because ours crapped out. When I placed the order Costco put up a calendar with available delivery dates, I chose Aug 11. Received a confirmation email with Aug 11 as delivery. Aug 8 - received email, confirming order, confirming delivery Aug 11, with a set of instructions and installer details. Aug 9 - received confirming email with same info. Aug 10 - received confirming email, order was in transit and instructions for hauling away the old oven, and stating I would get an auto-generated call giving me a 2 hour window for delivery. Got that call - delivery Aug 11, between 9 - 11am. This morning at 10:46am some guy from Florida calls me asking how my order is. I told him it's supposed to be here within the next 15 minutes. He says let me check - computer keys click - then "Uh oh". I said what's uh-oh. He says your oven is still in transit, hasn't made it to the distribution warehouse yet. The next earliest delivery time is Aug 21. I said so it's not being delivered today - I already pulled out the old oven per your instructions. Kid says, sorry, I only see what's on my screen, I'm in Florida, nothing I can do. The kid finally says he'll request a force delivery of Aug 14 but that doesn't guarantee my oven will be delivered. It just puts a request in the system. I said let me talk to your boss. Wait, wait, finally Angela comes on and tells me the same as the kid. I said I understand you can't make my oven appear out of nowhere, but our purchase agreement states delivery on Aug 11, you confirmed it 5 times, and now I have no means to prepare meals. Costco needs to make this right. She says there's nothing she can do. I said I bet there's someone in Costco that can knock $500 off the cost of that oven. The phone goes silent. I get an email telling me of the force delivery request for Aug 14.

Call Costco customer service again, talk to Tyler. He checks computer, tells the me the same thing. I tell him the same thing. I say let me talk to your boss because someone in Costco can make this right. He says he'll see if someone is available. I wait, he comes back "Are you still there?" I say, yup.,still waiting. He says "Hold on". Wait. He comes back and says he talked to his supervisor and he says there's nothing they can do. I say I bet the CEO of Costco could do something, maybe I'll just email him this story. The phone goes silent.

So I do a little searching and find the email address for Costco execs and Board of Directors (annual reports, etc are public info). So I choose the NW Regional Exec Manager and write him, explaining the same as above. Costco and I had a contractual purchase agreement and Costco failed to uphold their end. Plus their customer service sucks. Within 10 minutes I get an email reply that he forwarded it to the two people in charge of that area and guaranteeing me someone will resolve the issue very soon. Sad we have to get exec managers to fix these things.

So about an hour ago I get a phone call from the installation people saying they received a notification from Costco to set up installation of my oven and what's my schedule like over the next 3 or 4 days. I laughed out loud. I had spoke to them last week, they didn't have any order from Costco to install my oven. After talking to them and Costco and said screw it, I'll install it myself, told Costco to refund the installation fee and they did. So I laughed, reminder her she and I had already talked. Besides, I said, no one knows where my ovens are so no one's doing any installing soon.

Then just a few minutes ago I get an email from Costco saying my oven will be delivered Aug 12. Funny thing is, the kid in Florida says the warehouse only delivers to my area on Wed and Sat. Aug 12 is Thurs. So we'll see what happens. Costco is quickly rising on my list of useless, worthless companies as Apple and Nike.

EDIT #1: Just got a call from Patrick at the warehouse. He says "I called you earlier. Left a message." I've had my phone on me all afternoon, no one has called me but the installation lady. He says he left someone a message. I said it wasn't me. Just checked - no voice mail. Anyway, this guy says he works in the warehouse and just went out and found my oven, put his hands on the crate. Doesn't know why it didn't get on the truck this morning. Paperwork said it was on the truck. So he said he has set up a special delivery to get it to me tomorrow. I said, that's funny, the kid in Florida said that warehouse only delivers in my area on Wed and Sat. He says, that's correct but he made special arrangements. So we'll see tomorrow. Funny how when you write to an executive manager your complaints suddenly stir up some action.
What a pain. Buying an oven should not be that hard.

DLJeffs

Reaction score
First name
Doug
Our oven arrived around 3:30pm today. Two guys drove it over from Eugene. I asked them where else they had been or were going and they said nowhere, just here. It is kind of sad the poor guys on the end of the trail have to pay the price for the screw up of someone else. Plus it is sad I had to contact an executive manager and he had to rattle some cages to make this happen. But a buddy came over and we installed the oven. Only one trip to the hardware store for a 1/2" threaded coupling to connect the conduit to the J-box on the wall. It turns on, the clock works, and it heats up and there's no sparks coming out anywhere. Still reading the operating manual to figure out how to actually cook in it.