What's in the mail?

I got this today, left in my driveway.
toilet.webp

I was up at my neighbors talking him out of a little piece of walnut when the delivery came. Otherwise I would have told them to take it away with them. I moved the box and could hear pieces of porcelain rattling around. One of these days I'll learn my lesson about ordering stuff instead of going somewhere I can actually put my hands on what I'm buying.
 
Several years ago, I bought 2 Kholer toilets from Lowes. One was gonna be for the upstairs B-room, and the other was for downstairs. When I got ready to install them, I removed the upstairs toilet first, opened the box and stared at a two piece toilet. Crap, now I gotta close the box, seal it, and then take it down stairs, get the other toilet, bring it upstairs, and install it. I did check it before I brought it up. Anyway, it's a pain in the butte to have those kind of issues. ................ Nubs
 
I got this today, left in my driveway.
View attachment 291217

I was up at my neighbors talking him out of a little piece of walnut when the delivery came. Otherwise I would have told them to take it away with them. I moved the box and could hear pieces of porcelain rattling around. One of these days I'll learn my lesson about ordering stuff instead of going somewhere I can actually put my hands on what I'm buying.
Even if you can put your hands on it in a store, they probably don't have any except the display that you can't have.

Went through that a few years ago with a vanity top. Ordered it through the store, picked up at store and when pulled it out to install, it was pitted over the whole surface. Had a big sign on it saying if damaged don't return to the store, call some 800 number for instructions.

Wasn't going to play that game. Took it back to the store and told them to credit us and order another. Said we can't do that, we can't take that as a return. Said I just picked it up from you and I'm not going to be stuck with damaged goods, wether to dispose of it or prep for return shipping, call your manager. They took it and ordered another.

When we got notice the other was ready, I insisted that I was going to open it and inspect before signing for it. Oh, you can't do that, told them watch me. We'll either open and inspect it or I'll refuse to take possession and file a credit card grievance. They finally relented, opened it and it was fine.

A few years later went through the exact same thing with a different store buying a vanity for a small bathroom. This time it was in stock at the store, no visible damage to box, but got it home, and toe kick was smashed. They took the return, and got another one off the shelf. Told me I couldn't open the box in the store, so I said ok, went around to another isle and unboxed it.

Bottom line, doesn't matter if it's shipped to store or shipped home. Nobody in the store cares enough to flag potentially damaged boxes, just sell it and ship it and it's somebody else's problem.
 
I got this today, left in my driveway.
View attachment 291217

I was up at my neighbors talking him out of a little piece of walnut when the delivery came. Otherwise I would have told them to take it away with them. I moved the box and could hear pieces of porcelain rattling around. One of these days I'll learn my lesson about ordering stuff instead of going somewhere I can actually put my hands on what I'm buying.
Reminds me of the time a few years ago when we decided to replace two toilets,with those toilets that could flush a,bucket of golf balls. Got two from store, got home and one had a break on the seal. Took it back, and easily got a replacement. But that wasn't the point. Might be false advertising. Might be able to flush golf balls, but that doesn't mean you can't defeat it and stop it up!
 
I got this today, left in my driveway.
View attachment 291217

I was up at my neighbors talking him out of a little piece of walnut when the delivery came. Otherwise I would have told them to take it away with them. I moved the box and could hear pieces of porcelain rattling around. One of these days I'll learn my lesson about ordering stuff instead of going somewhere I can actually put my hands on what I'm buying.
Looks like a freshly delivered throne. I have gotten those type on several occasions. Usually from lowes. Picked up at their store. Still busted to crap. That one, unfortunately can't even pretend to hold it's drink!
 
Got me a new jug of Cactus Juice today. Going to be some stabilizing in the near future. I know I have some cottonwood slices from Jerry ( @Nubsnstubs ) and there's something else I thought needed stabilizing but can't recall what it is. Have to search my drawers and boxes to find it.
 
Got me a new jug of Cactus Juice today. Going to be some stabilizing in the near future. I know I have some cottonwood slices from Jerry ( @Nubsnstubs ) and there's something else I thought needed stabilizing but can't recall what it is. Have to search my drawers and boxes to find it.
Hmmmm, is that a play with words or am I just thinking boxes is misspelled? ................ Nubs
 
Got me a new jug of Cactus Juice today. Going to be some stabilizing in the near future. I know I have some cottonwood slices from Jerry ( @Nubsnstubs ) and there's something else I thought needed stabilizing but can't recall what it is. Have to search my drawers and boxes to find it.
what do you think of this stuff?

1791231065281.webp
1791231099019.webp
google has this to say about it

If you are looking at the tile and countertop chemical treatment (formerly sold as Porcelain Plus™ by Dry-Treat), it is an impregnating chemical sealer formulated with nano-sized sealing molecules. It is a non-film-forming treatment designed to physically block the microscopic pores of polished porcelain or engineered quartz surfaces to repel oil and water. [1, 2, 3, 4]

does anyone know what the chemical make up of cactus juice is?

i have about 60 gallons of the stuff mentioned above
 
Back
Top