WTB - Oneway Coring Set

Steve in VA

Reaction score
First name
Steve
Since it worked for @GaryK, I figured I'd throw another WTB hat in the ring as well. I'm interested in buying a lightly used Oneway Coring set if anyone has one they might be interested in selling.

I'd need a 16" base and can work with whatever knives you may have. Many thanks!

***Picture is just clickbait :nopics:

Oneway Coring.jpg

GaryK

Reaction score
First name
Gary
Since it worked for @GaryK, I figured I'd throw another WTB hat in the ring as well. I'm interested in buying a lightly used Oneway Coring set if anyone has one they might be interested in selling.

I'd need a 16" base and can work with whatever knives you may have. Many thanks!

***Picture is just clickbait :nopics:

View attachment 227043
Hi Steve,
It was by luck I think I found Tim R. I have a
1642 EVS Jet, so the unit I’m buying from Tim is for a 20”, but all the bases are the same other than the height so I’m going to have a friend modify it for my lathe.
Good Luck on your search.
Gary

Steve in VA

Reaction score
First name
Steve
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Hi Steve,
1642 EVS Jet, so the unit I’m buying from Tim is for a 20”, but all the bases are the same other than the height so I’m going to have a friend modify it for my lathe.
Gary

Thanks Gary and I’m glad it worked out for you both! I have a 16” lathe as well, so it’s not the most common size for people with coring systems. Good luck with it and be sure to post your bowl blanks and experience with it.

GaryK

Reaction score
First name
Gary
Thanks Gary and I’m glad it worked out for you both! I have a 16” lathe as well, so it’s not the most common size for people with coring systems. Good luck with it and be sure to post your bowl blanks and experience with it.
Will do Steve . Thanks

TimR

Sawdust Engineer
Reaction score
First name
Tim
Hi Steve,
Gary
Glad to hear your plan to have friend modify the uprights on the base unit. As a suggestion, turn the adjustment screws on the knife sets to maximize insertion depth to provide stability but leaving some minimal adjustment to tweak heights.
I got best results with the cutter just above centerline, say 1/32” and the knife supports adjusted to just barely make contact with the knife underside.

TimR

Sawdust Engineer
Reaction score
First name
Tim
Glad to hear your plan to have friend modify the uprights on the base unit. As a suggestion, turn the adjustment screws on the knife sets to maximize insertion depth to provide stability but leaving some minimal adjustment to tweak heights.
I got best results with the cutter just above centerline, say 1/32” and the knife supports adjusted to just barely make contact with the knife underside.
Oh, if you look inside the bottom of the uprights I seem to recall they tack welded a piece of bar stock, likely to standardize the uprights. If your friend can get a long shank endmill in there it would allow keeping more upright material in tact.

GaryK

Reaction score
First name
Gary
That’s great information on the base .. Thanks