2015 pure Vermont Maple Syrup For sale

sprucegum

Reaction score
First name
Dave
As promised here is the thread for 2015 maple syrup. I am going to do it a little different this year. To order syrup PM me for my son's business email. Send your order to this address, Caleb (#2 son) has a secretary /bookkeeper who works Mon, Wed, & Fri. she will send you a Pay Pal invoice. When you pay the invoice she will print the mailing label for me and I will package the product and mail it. I hope this works for everyone, doing it in a tread got really confusing for my muddled old mind last year:wacko:. My plan is to ship Syrup on every Monday until all orders are filled so orders received by noon eastern time on Friday will be shipped Monday. I plan to ship all orders in Med & Large flat rate boxes for easy figuring med will be $12 & large will be $16. Two 1/2 gallon size fit nicely in the Medium. We currently have only Grade A medium amber available for shipment I will update this thread as soon as other grades are available.
Pricing is the same for all grades
1/2 gallons $25 each + shipping
Qts. $15 each + shipping
Pints $ 8 each + shipping
Gallons do not ship as easily and 1/2 pints are a real PTA but if you really want either of them I will get you a price.:thanx2::thanx2::thanx2:

EDIT: Just found out the bookkeeper is on vacation this week, My mistake. No harm in sending orders although she may skin me alive for making more work to catch up on. So obviously I will not be shipping product until she get the ball rolling. She is due back Monday 13 th but the orders may take a back seat.

Last edited:

dycmark

Reaction score
First name
Mark
Maybe for some of us that weren't even aware that there are grades of syrup you could explain the different grades available and their differences? (insert emoticon with dunce cap here)

Thanks

sprucegum

Reaction score
First name
Dave
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Maybe for some of us that weren't even aware that there are grades of syrup you could explain the different grades available and their differences? (insert emoticon with dunce cap here)

Thanks
Great Idea as soon as I get a chance to get out to the sugarhouse I will snap some pictures of the grading kit. Feeling a little under the weather today, you know the feeling sore throat cough headache. Think it is the creeping crud.

ripjack13

ɹǝʇɹɐqpooʍ
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Marc
I like the amber, but I would lile to wait till the dark is ready. Any idea if and when that will be available?

sprucegum

Reaction score
First name
Dave
I like the amber, but I would lile to wait till the dark is ready. Any idea if and when that will be available?
Pretty much a weather related thing, when things really begin to warm up the color will get darker. Won't be too long I have never sugared in May and that is only 4 weeks away.

dycmark

Reaction score
First name
Mark
@sprucegum

Sorry you are feeling under the weather, No real rush for that info.

My reason for asking is I wonder what if anything it changes form a syrup standpoint, Flavor, consistency ect..

Feel better!

Kevin

Wood is good.
Reaction score
First name
Kevin
Unfortunately for you Dave I am a diabetic, so I still have plenty. But I am enjoying it every time I allow myself another cheat treat of good 'ol southern flapjacks, grits, local churned butter, sausage from a hog I put down, and the best Vermont tree honey I have ever tasted.

My name is Kevin. And I endorse Dave's son's syrup.

El Guapo

Reaction score
First name
Andrew
I'm tired of not being in the Maple syrup club. I missed out last time! PM sent!

Gixxerjoe04

Reaction score
First name
Joseph
Is there any difference taste wise between amber and the darker stuff? Usually go with kroger brand butter flavor chemical syrup haha.

ripjack13

ɹǝʇɹɐqpooʍ
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Marc
To me...the amber has more of a smokey butter flavor whereas the dark is more mapley...

sprucegum

Reaction score
First name
Dave
Finally getting around to answering some questions about grading. Grading is all about color and flavor, all of the syrup is the same density just different color and flavor. In general the darker the color the stronger the maple flavor. A sample of the batch is placed in a small bottle and placed in a grading kit with comparison bottles, the bottles are held up to the light (daylight is best). Golden delicate is the lightest and I don't think we will have any this year, the sap has come in little dibs and dabs forcing us to wait for enough to fire up. The longer the sap sits the darker the color is bound to be. We currently have a good supply of Amber Rich (med amber by the old grading system), Plenty of Dark Robust (Greg's favorite) and I am sure Very dark is on its way. P1010009.JPG P1010007.JPG

Sprung

Amateur Sawdust Maker
Reaction score
First name
Matt
PM sent, Dave. My wife told me no last year when I wanted to order some. This year she'll skin me alive if I don't!

sprucegum

Reaction score
First name
Dave
Sending out 5 boxes of Northern Comfort in the morning.