14417E71-292E-447E-8979-4C8C0627B4C1.jpeg

69B3D8C4-42AD-46F9-A3D1-3FDC3E82E1E1.jpeg

Mike1950

Founding Member
Founding Member
Reaction score
First name
Mike
laguna- I had 14 BX- 2.5 hp- best brake I have had. guides were almost impossible to adjust -no room and I sure did not like sparks. I would not buy a saw again with ceramic guides. replacement guides are very spendy. service sucked.

4jo3

Reaction score
First name
Justin
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Guides off. And tension just enough to be straight. Would need some more tension to cut.

37F26ED6-ACAA-43C7-A54D-23CBD69801CE.jpeg

Mike1950

Founding Member
Founding Member
Reaction score
First name
Mike
my opinion of saws out there. You cannot buy new american. Laguna 14 is great hobby saw- but above I would not use in pro setting. simple is good. I have 2 griz 19's and one 21. If I could have 1 it would be the 21. no flex- 600 + lbs. They are simple machines- no frills- no gadgets- all 3 with brake- all 3 used. what Can I say- I am cheap. I bought laguna -ding and dent new- I loved brake but learned to hate it for my use. rikon 19 is a good saw with great resaw- got a feelin it is not a choice. Jet is great saw- no brake.

4jo3

Reaction score
First name
Justin
laguna- I had 14 BX- 2.5 hp- best brake I have had. guides were almost impossible to adjust -no room and I sure did not like sparks. I would not buy a saw again with ceramic guides. replacement guides are very spendy. service sucked.

Hmm. I might have my heart set on a the laguna lt14 suv

4jo3

Reaction score
First name
Justin

I was thinking the 3hp would be nice when I’m resawing 9” wide coco as the 10-326 really struggled

Mike1950

Founding Member
Founding Member
Reaction score
First name
Mike
try adjusting the guides while at wood craft. My fingers get cramps just thinking about changing blade size. and. they are probably made in same factory with same metal. I think maxed out 14" is the problem. Good luck

Mike1950

Founding Member
Founding Member
Reaction score
First name
Mike
I was thinking the 3hp would be nice when I’m resawing 9” wide coco as the 10-326 really struggled
mine was 2.5 hp BX- plenty of power. I never reawed with it - have 14.5 capability with 21 and more than enough power

4jo3

Reaction score
First name
Justin
I phoned woodcraft to make sure they had some on the floor and they don’t have one. So I will have to get someone with a 10-326 and a 4’ straight edge to confirm. Hopefully someone out here can help

Woodworking Vet

Reaction score
First name
Damon
Justin, I have the 10-326 bandsaw as well and have never seen this issue that you're having. Have you tried contacting Rikon? I had to contact them once when I broke a part on the fence. They were quite responsive and sent me a new one the next day. I would think they can help you through this.

Damon

Mike1950

Founding Member
Founding Member
Reaction score
First name
Mike
Justin, I have the 10-326 bandsaw as well and have never seen this issue that you're having. Have you tried contacting Rikon? I had to contact them once when I broke a part on the fence. They were quite responsive and sent me a new one the next day. I would think they can help you through this.

Damon
do you have straight edge?

4jo3

Reaction score
First name
Justin
I phoned and left a message. I also sent an email.

Any chance you could put a 4’ straight on the back. I’m out 1/4” from being flat.

4jo3

Reaction score
First name
Justin
willing to bet it is bent

I hope but I don’t hope at the same point. I’d be back at square one. From an engineering and manufacturing point I can’t see them adding a bend. Tension is stressed in that direction. I have had the saw a part atleast a dozen times. And it always goes back in the same position.

Woodworking Vet

Reaction score
First name
Damon
I do have a straight edge. Tell me exactly what you need me to check, a picture wouldn't hurt. I'm still trying to wake up and having my coffee but can go out to the shop a little later this morning. I'll even tromp through the snow for you

4jo3

Reaction score
First name
Justin
I greatly appreciate it. Thank you. The curvature starts around the switch for me. Thanks

2C631BAB-9DC1-4EAB-8A0F-7CDA8EC1E997.jpeg

30E93B64-B1BD-47B9-9CB2-8525638FA825.jpeg