Big leaf curl

Here is flaw. Should have seen it but...

View attachment 293758
Hi @Mike1950
So, do you still have the board that contains this flaw? If so, I would happily take claim it, or at least a portion of the board containing this flaw. I dig out such bark inclusions, and I love making art with these.
If you encounter other such flaws / inclusions / voids, I would be exstatic to claim those, too.
Thanks!
--JB
 
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
  • #16
Hi @Mike1950
So, do you still have the board that contains this flaw? If so, I would happily take claim it, or at least a portion of the board containing this flaw. I dig out such bark inclusions, and I love making art with these.
If you encounter other such flaws / inclusions / voids, I would be exstatic to claim those, too.
Thanks!
--JB
I can stick a screwdriver in an inch? Still have. $75
 
Thanks, @Mike1950 ! All the better for me.
As the bulk of the otherwise pristine wood would be wasted on me, would you be willing to remove a portion of it and sell me the piece with the inclusion?
I cannot tell exactly which side of the board the inclusion is on, but I would think ~2’ beyond the depth of the defect woulsd be sufficient. (I make smallish pieces, perhaps a big larger scale than jewelry).
Thanks!
 
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
  • #18
Thanks, @Mike1950 ! All the better for me.
As the bulk of the otherwise pristine wood would be wasted on me, would you be willing to remove a portion of it and sell me the piece with the inclusion?
I cannot tell exactly which side of the board the inclusion is on, but I would think ~2’ beyond the depth of the defect woulsd be sufficient. (I make smallish pieces, perhaps a big larger scale than jewelry).
Thanks!
No, I will sell this one whole. I will wait for waste pieces.
 
Ok, thank you, sir!
I invite you to set a box aside with these kinds of cutoffs and notify me when full or just ready to send.

I realize that if you did that for everyone, youe shop would be so full of boxes there would be no room for you. Still, I wanted to ask in case it’s possible.
Thank you again!
--JB
 
Back
Top