Boat building

Champagne yukkkkkk. Brandy scotch or rum. Champagne should be reserved for boat launches.
You realise this is for a boat? They have historically always wanted champagne. Their launch was a special occasion but I’m sure that Henry will pamper his boat.
 
Getting closer now. Almost time to start mounting the hardware, huh? Do you have a launch date? When's duck season start?
Thanksgiving, though it is rarely cold enough here for many ducks by then. Hope to get it in the water before Thanksgiving, though. Got my deck glass cut today, hope to have most of that epoxied by the end of the coming weekend.

20260908_123758.webp
Are you going to break a bottle of your best scotch over the bow for good luck?
No way I'm wasting good whisky, that stuff goes down the hatch, not on it! But I may crack open a good one on my first voyage.
 
You realise this is for a boat? They have historically always wanted champagne. Their launch was a special occasion but I’m sure that Henry will pamper his boat.
To each his own. Definitely not in my house. Kathie drinks nothing. Me very little and sure as hell not bubbly:sick:
 
To each his own. Definitely not in my house. Kathie drinks nothing. Me very little and sure as hell not bubbly:sick:
Ah yes. The prohibition. You were a teenager then I believe. Must have missed out on picking up those habits.
 
Ah yes. The prohibition. You were a teenager then I believe. Must have missed out on picking up those habits.
Nothing quite like moonshine. Dad had a stainless steel still. Produce clear liquid that would remove paint. Not my choice either... not sophisticated like you Europeans. Redneck to the core... but as far as drinking goes I am pretty whimpy now. Maybe a couple shots a week.
 
Nothing quite like moonshine. Dad had a stainless steel still. Produce clear liquid that would remove paint. Not my choice either... not sophisticated like you Europeans. Redneck to the core... but as far as drinking goes I am pretty whimpy now. Maybe a couple shots a week.
Yeah. I’m actually not much of an alcohol guy. An occasional whiskey (we’re talking one long drink every two or three months) and somewhat regular wine. (We really go fancy on wine though) Cider or beer while bbqing.
 
Yeah. I’m actually not much of an alcohol guy. An occasional whiskey (we’re talking one long drink every two or three months) and somewhat regular wine. (We really go fancy on wine though) Cider or beer while bbqing.
No rotten grapes here, he'll no fresh ones
 
Coaming installed, filetted and shaped - have a little final fairing to do this evening, then hope to get a final epoxy coat on tomorrow (2 more coats for coaming and a few high exposure areas), then can get some paint on the deck and start getting things hooked up and fastened.

IMG_20261008_123257.webp

IMG_20261008_123321.webp

IMG_20261008_123338.webp
 
Coaming installed, filetted and shaped - have a little final fairing to do this evening, then hope to get a final epoxy coat on tomorrow (2 more coats for coaming and a few high exposure areas), then can get some paint on the deck and start getting things hooked up and fastened.

View attachment 294235

View attachment 294236

View attachment 294237
You’ve been holding out on us, again….. Let’s see some pictures of the VW camper vans. They look incredible.
 
You’ve been holding out on us, again….. Let’s see some pictures of the VW camper vans. They look incredible.
My shop neighbor is a old vw mechanic - there are 4 or 5 of those vans around most days, it seems.
 
Just sitting on the trailer your boat's looking really nice Henry. I'm anxious to hear how it performs on the water. I'm wondering if it would benefit from a pair of small chines along the sides close to the bow to help deflect spray from the stubbed off bow? On the water tests are probably the only way to tell.
 
Last edited:
Just sitting on the trailer your boat's looking really nice Henry. I'm anxious to hear how it performs on the water. I'm wondering if it would benefit from a pair of small chines along the sides close to the bow to help deflect spray from the stubbed off bow? On the water tests are probably the only way to tell.
I bet it won't take much HP to lift it out of the water.
 
Just sitting on the trailer your boat's looking really nice Henry. I'm anxious to hear how it performs on the water. I'm wondering if it would benefit from a pair of small chines along the sides close to the bow to help deflect spray from the stubbed off bow? On the water tests are probably the only way to tell.
I'm anxious to see how "wet" the ride is, too. I don't expect totally dry for this size boat, but I think it should do ok.
 
Back
Top